A new DVD drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubedude

Baseband Member
Hi I want to know what kind of dvd drives are good i was thinking about getting one of these http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01042&id=1077624448703 or http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01041&id=1099391933887 I want this drive mainly so i can play dvd-+r/rw but burning them would be nice too. my price range is under $70.00. I you guys could help that would be awesome.

Edit: My dad just bought a Sony -+R dual layer double layer 8.5 gb dvd/cd ReWriteable drive how is this?

first of all, don't buy it from Best Buy. If you ever have an issue with the player and have to bring it back, you're probably going to have problems. Not to mention the staff is retarded.

Anyways, about the DVD drive, goto www.newegg.com and find a drive with the features you need and with good reviews. The price will be alot less and they'll have it shipped to you very quickly. In addition, if it isn't what you expected or it breaks, you can return it easily.

yeah, I don't suggest to buy in future shop, best buy those store... I am not saying all the staffs, but I see some that really have no idea what they are selling, and pretty much lying to the customer (intentionally or not)

but I also advise against buying online if you can help it. If something breaks or DOA, you will have to call and prove it is not your fault, and then return it and wait for a replacement to mail back to you.

of course that is if you can help it...

the reason i mentioned newegg.com is because they are very good about returning items and they are VERY fast with their shipping...but that's still a good point

the reason I say shipping is a bad idea is because I heard a dozen stories about receiving a broken item and the shipping company and the store (not saying is newegg.com)keep playing hardball each other... and at the end the customer have to suffer financially or emotionally.

call me paranoid, but I would avoid any shipping if I can help it. I just hate to pay my hard earn bucks and recieve something scratched or damged....

wow man... from all the parts i've bought from newegg i have never had a shipping problem. they got it to me quick and fast. the OEm parts were packaged fine and everything was at my house the next day....

ok well the only reson i'm buying it from best buy is because of the best buy bucks we got from mcdonalds and we bought it in store too so it's not having to be shipped. I just got to install it and i think it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom