Need NAS Help... I Think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McKayG

Beta member
Hey everybody,

I'm kind of new to this so i'm sorry in advance if i appear dumb or i've posted this in the wrong place. Here's my enquiry...

I currently live in shared accomodation with 3 other people, Where all friends, and part of my deal for rent was that i could have a little discount If i let them all access my music and movies, etc...

They all have Xbox 360's so, i have to run a trans-coder (TVersity) and leave my computer on day and night, so that if they wanna watch something, they can.

My Question is this; "Is there some sort of device that has arround 2TB (or room for 2TB) of storage. that will attach to my network, via my router and stream media to my friends Xbox's through a Trans-coding program, without the need for my comptuer to be on?"

thanks in advance. :)

Yellow Machine/Anthology 25-0006-001 1.6TB Terabyte Storage Appliance. I used this on my network and I loved it. The user interface and software is remarkable. It has 8 RJ-45 ports on the back and can act as it's own DHCP server. It is easily joined to any network and you can set file and folder permissions just like NTFS. You can even stack them and can use the software to make them think they are one drive! They come preset to Raid 5. Awesome. The only problem is finding somewhere that still sells them, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom