Intel Pentium 4 and Intel Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerneeder

Baseband Member
whats the difference between intel pentium 4 and intel core? i was looking at the requirements for crysis and i noticed this and I was wondering if somebody could explain to me the difference...

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista),

Crysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thxx

Core architure is basically core 2 duo's celeron 4xx, pentium dual-core, the new stuff.

if you look at it like this:
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista)

You could say u can use a p4 @ 2.8 but that would only equal a Core 2 duo at 2ghz

Core architure is basically core 2 duo's celeron 4xx, pentium dual-core, the new stuff.

if you look at it like this:
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista)

You could say u can use a p4 @ 2.8 but that would only equal a Core 2 duo at 2ghz

not even, cause the core 2 duo is dual core where a p4 is single, so its even less performance.

Dual Cores smack around the old P4 like it was nothing the same can be said for Pentium D's i just upgraded to a e4500 from a pentium d 940 (discontinued) went from 3.2ghz to 2.2 and still this new CPU smacks it around like a little toy.

Core =/= Core2Duo. Core was an earlier architecture, improving over the P4, but not a Core2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom