i could use some help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2009, 06:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via MSN to PYR0-t Send a message via Yahoo to PYR0-t
Default i could use some help

hey very one i could use some help with some problems i am having with my computer ok the first thing is my video card the fan on it has stoped working and could use some tips on how i could get it working another one of the problems i am having is that it shuts down on its own and when i try to turn it back on it shuts down right away i thought it was dust or something holding the power button in but i cleaned it from inside and out and i could use a easy way to upgrade my ram with no money hit me up thanks

Old 12-17-2009, 06:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: i could use some help

sound like you cpu is overheating as well. Get a can of compressed air, open the case and clean out the fan for your heatsink and all other fans as well.

What gpu do you have?

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 :: INTEL i7 920 @3.4 :: XFX GTX260 :: 6gb Corsair 1600 :: Corsair 750TX :: TRUE 120 :: Samsung T240 24" :: Windows 7 X64

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 12-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

cpu is overheating (probably) put your nose real close the the processor, do u smell burning? or feel heat? then the cpu is overheating, which will shut the comp down. if u were overclocking then dont, thats probably the reason its geting hot. if u wernt overclocking then...what the guy said above, dust everything. if it still dosent work then u might have to get a new fan. And u cant upgrade ram for free, try ebay, newegg, or tiger direct for cheap ram
Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

It might be that you need to reapply thermal paste on your CPU.

As for your gpu, you should just get a new fan, or geat a new heatsink for your graphics card.

Ram isn't free as said above. your best bet is Ebay, just make sure the seller has a high rating.
Closed Thread