help with choosing power supply and led case fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastapanda82

Baseband Member
I wanted to buy a new power supply becuase i wanted to go dual graphics cards and buy some leds for my case. I currently have.

Newegg.ca - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

500w antec power supply

Newegg.ca - SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards (im thinking of going duel with this or pairing it with a 4890 or a 4850)

amd triple core 2.8ghz

4gb gskill ram

on the motherboard it says dual channel ddrII, hybrid crossfirex master, tseries, im pretty sure its gigabyte.

I wanted to buy the two front red led intake fans its 120mm and i read something that said it should be 25mm or maybe 35 deep... not sure what that means. How do i know when i buy fans that they are intake so it sucks in or can u adjst them all. i also want a new power supply that could power all that and the dual graphics cards or should i get a just one better graphics card or screw the cards and get a quad core...lol not sure, w/e makes games run better. The power supply should be like around $85. thanks for ur help.

Okay to stuff 2 cards into a 300, you're gonna need alot of cutting.

My 900 had to have surgury for 2 260's.

For a psu, you're gonna need atleast a 650, with 4 pci-es. And will not be had for 85 bucks, especially if you plan on a 300. Wires will block your air flow, so a modular is what you want.

A 650 should run a 4890/70 too but not sure how the performace vs xfired 4830 are.

The 25 35mm is how thick they are, standard fans are 25mm.

Okay to stuff 2 cards into a 300, you're gonna need alot of cutting.

not necessarily. my 300 fit my 9800GTX (10.5" long) just fine. with about .5" clearance from the hdd racks. and plus the whole 4800 series are no longer than 9.5" so fitting 2 4890's will be fine for a 300.

You got A PICTURE OF THAT? The wiring must be a mess.

I guess with the 4870s having back exhaust, and plugs facing forward, it might work..

The temps in the case must be high with 2 cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom