Dual graphics cards-dual monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tik172

Solid State Member
Ok, bought new computer with intergrated graphics and put in a new graphics card in the empty slot.

Computer only detects the graphics card in the slot, and not the intergrated one.

Possible to plug in one monitor to each of the graphics card and run dual-monitors?

Intergrated graphics - UMA GE FORCE 9100
New graphics - NvDia GeForce 7300le

Assuming the integrated graphics are enabled, it should work fine. You will likely need to set up the dual-monitor setup in the nVidia settings.

Edit: Wait, I read your post wrong; new reply:
You'll be able to plug both monitors into the graphics card, and then enable dual monitors in the nVidia panel.
nvidiamultidisplay.png

how can i enable the intergrated?

the Nvidia panel does not detect the other monitor or even graphics card

Assuming the integrated graphics are enabled, it should work fine. You will likely need to set up the dual-monitor setup in the nVidia settings.

Edit: Wait, I read your post wrong; new reply:
You'll be able to plug both monitors into the graphics card, and then enable dual monitors in the nVidia panel.
nvidiamultidisplay.png

Each of the graphics cards only have one slot for a monitor.

According to the specs of your graphics card, it has a VGA port and a DVI port.

The graphics card should look very similar to this, at the back.
41WiYZqWnbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Unless you have a low-profile (shorter) version?

ah, so all I require is a compatible connection?

Only thing is that in order to do this I will need to take out the non-intergrated graphics card, leaving me with dual monitors, but a crappy graphics card :/

Cheers for the help though :D

ah, so all I require is a compatible connection?

Only thing is that in order to do this I will need to take out the non-intergrated graphics card, leaving me with dual monitors, but a crappy graphics card :/

Cheers for the help though :D

Or, you could use a VGA/DVI converter. Probably wouldn't cost much more than a dollar before shipping :p That would be the best option if you're really set on using dual monitors.

Edit: This would work, assuming your other monitor uses a VGA or DVI connection, and not HDMI.
Newegg.com - ATEN DVI to VGA adapter for Twin-View video cards Model DVI-2-VGA - Video Card Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom