Building my own computer, possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a look at what's available

CPU: The best processor I could find here is Core2Dou E620 2.13 GHz 4 MB Cache. Quad is not yet available in Egypt.
Question==> What does 'FSB' mean? for both the CPU and motherboard, the highest i could find was 1066.

Motherboard:A friend of mine suggested that I should search for a motherboard with:

- 2 or more DDR2 slots
- Core2Duo supported
- 3 or more SATA HDDs slots
- 2 or more for normal HDDs
- built in Sound+LAN but not vedio.

about the brand he said he prefered either Gigabyte or MSI.

Memory: the only brand I saw was 'Kingston' and it was 1 GB DDR2-667.

HardDrive: The largest available is 500 GB but I can get a 320 GB for HALF the price, so is the 500 GB worth it? or can i get 2 320's?

Graphics Card: Is XFX good? and what does GeForce and NVIDIA mean?

as1: FSB is frontside bus, 1066 is a good speed, but if you could find 1333 its a small improvement

as2: the e6420 is a good processor but see if you can find an e6550 it is almost equal in price and better performance, it has 1333 FSB

as3: gigabyte is the way to go for a motherboard, ASUS also makes good ones, the p35 chipset is good

as4: and 2 x 320gb SATA hard drives is better than one 500 as its faster if you have two, make sure its SATA not IDE or SCSI

as5: XFX makes graphics cards, it is a fairly good brand

as6: as for the memory, kingston is an ok brand , but see if DDR2-800 is available, gskill and crucial are better brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom