Building computer for guy at work need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dio1080

In Runtime
Ok guys, A guy at my job wants me to build him a computer. I'm looking at a budget of $400 or less. He said don't include the Keyboard, mouse, monitor. He will get all that later. he just wants it to get on the internet and download an listen to music, and maybe download a view videos. And wants it to go fast. No gaming..

So far I told him he will need Windows XP Home OEM: $99
AMD or Intel doesn't matter to me
Maybe a 80-120 HDD
1 gig or ram
Cheap video card just in case he wants to buy a LCD monitor.
Clueless on the motherboard and the powersupply and the case.

Thanks
P.S. IF you guys ever builded for somebody else, how mush do you usually charge for building it for them?

Case - Cooler Master Centurion 5 or Your choice...
Motherboard - Biostar TForce TF7025 w/onboard GeForce 7025
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane
RAM - 1GB G. Skill DDR2-800
Power supply - FSP Group (Fortron Source) 400W
Hard drive - WD 160GB
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner

Total is about $350 w/o shipping.

I usually charge $20-60, depending on how well I know the person, or how much I'm working on the computer.

Wow, you're cheap! I typically charge a minimum of $100. If they are related or a very good friend of mine...then it's half. But a co-worker...I'd charge the $100.
I install all hardware and software. I go through all available windows updates. I'll update all drivers. I basically hook them up. I know of places that just install the hardware, software and that's it. They don't tweak or optimize the system. I do all that. The cost....$100 or more.

Good luck.

lol....I am cheap...but that keeps them coming to me...and they always refer me to new customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom