Please HJT as I can no longer user my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mak... Last I knew, and the site still says, its Vista 32 only...

icense: Freeware/Not for commercial use BleepingComputer Mirror: ComboFix Download Link
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32-bit only) ForoSpyware.com Mirror: ComboFix Download Link #2

As stated before you should wait and see what Osiris says about your log.
Stuff that looks suspicious are:
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:6092
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [fqdkbxfp] C:\Users\AppData\Local\sglkkcbwj\owarnntuqiw.exe

O4 - Global Startup: McAfee Security Scan Plus.lnk = ?
Wait for a confirmed answer from Osiris to continue as I can be wrong.

Ok, will wait. In the meantime, I am currently running a "full" scan on malawarebytes. So, far it has found 2 infected objects. Earlier I did a quick scan and it said nothing was wrong.

There is a lot more than just those few entries. ;)

The start of the log doesnt even look right. There is no explorer.exe running? There is only hijackthis.exe running? If that was the case you wouldnt even see the window for the logs. See what i mean by there is more going on than can be fixed by HJT.

Dead Entries that can be removed:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)

This entry is very suspecious:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [fqdkbxfp] C:\Users\AppData\Local\sglkkcbwj\owarnntuqiw.exe

That is not a known folder used for any legit programs that i know of. Not to mention the file name for the executable is all wrong. That is an infection that is tied to your Registry. You need to delete that from your system and remove it from your registry.

Now another thing that troubles me is that you have multiple anti-virus programs installed. I see entries for both Symantec and McAfee. You should never have multiple installed. You need to remove 1 or both and get a better program to use like AVG or MSE.

All those file missing entries on the service section, I read somewhere that they can be may be just an error and some of them can be legit. I could be wrong on that but I swore I read it somewhere when researching the HijackThis and how to analyze the logs.

Also that separate entry that looks suspicious, I'll agree on that, also it's set to run which means it's on start up which may be a big part of the issues he's having.

From multiple AV's, he also has entries leading towards AVG as well (or dead entries that were left when he uninstalled it).

Edit: Thread I was referring to is this "HijackThis helpers take note please concerning HijackThis (file missing) entries". It's dated a few years back, in 2003 and may be fixed, not certain though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom