Win 7 doesnt instal phone usb driver

bennyy

Beta member
Hello . I have a problem with my pc not being able to install usb drivers for my phone (samsung gt-7580). I tried almost everything I could find on internet. Tried uninstalling and installing driver, tried downloading manualy drivers, tried programs like drivereasy. In device manager I have exclamation mark on CDC serial, and on my phone driver, tried updating cdc online and browsing my computer, but doesnt find a thing, but when I tried updating my phone driver, it ether says : "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." or it starts installing driver but my win 7 end up crashing . please help me .. this is starting to be incredibly annoying... :sick:

Firstly, I'd suggest try using a different USB port. If you're using a port on the front, try using one on the back.

Have you tried Samsung Kies? It's an app to use your phone on your pc to transfer files
Connecting with Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is a computer application that manages media contents and personal
information with Samsung devices. Download the latest Samsung Kies from the Samsung
website.
1 Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
Samsung Kies launches on the computer automatically. If Samsung Kies does not launch,
double-click the Samsung Kies icon on the computer.

2 Transfer files between your device and the computer.
Refer to the Samsung Kies help for more information

PDF here:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...-S7580_UM_EU_Jellybean_Eng_Rev.1.1_131113.pdf

And Kies here:
Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

Google for Samsung USB drivers. I had to search to find the USB drivers for the Samsung Centura I used to have.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using TechForums

EDIT: This is probably the one you need- LINK

Last edited:
Thank you for your time searching that. I tried that , but for some reason I keep getting this error. First I installed with my phone plugged in, but than I saw this error, I did what its said to do, but still after that I keep getting this error.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 7
Are you installing the driver before you plug in the usb for the phone? Sometimes a driver won't install properly if the device is connected, try installing the driver first and after a reboot plug in the usb for the phone. Your anti-virus/anti-malware software can interrupt a driver installation too, you should turn those off during the driver install

Back
Top Bottom