Using the Zune as a wireless card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
I just got my Zune today and i was wondering, is it possible to use my zune to connect to a wireless router and receive wireless internet via usb via my zune?

Since it has an integrated network it should work in theory right?

I would just like some feedback on this idea.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you can only connect to other zune users at this point. It has the hardware capability to connect to the internet, but the firmware does not allow it. So no, you cannot browse the web on it.

No, you can't. If they figure out how to run custom code- I imagine someone will write some for it (plus get Rockbox, which would...rock).

The above are correct. It is only made to connect to other Zune devices. Check around though. I know of some sites that have hacked the Zune to run Linux.

Firmware dosent allow it, like Makaveli213 said, im sure there must be a linux hack around.

That video of someone running linux is probably fake. No real evidence, and you can play a vid of a linux desktop fullscreen on the zune and it looks real.

all very interesting.

That i know of, there is no Linux hack for Zune yet, since Microsoft made it so tight with the firmware. I'm sure someone will crack it soon though, and oh boy am i excited:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom