Nokia 6230i

Status
Not open for further replies.

77platoon

Solid State Member
I have this new nokia 6230i that cannot connect to my acer notebook.

the history is that it kept asking for a password for the MultiMedia Card. then again it asks for one when i connect it my notebook via the DKU-2.
i switched the card with a friends and it dint ask for it anymore but gave an error. i was not able to connect it to the ntbk.

what could i be doing wrong? is my phone faulty?

Hello,

On your Nokia 6230i, if you go into the Gallery, highlight your memory card, press the options button, you'll see some password options...

...If a password has not been set for the MMC card then the option Set password will be present.

...If a password has been set, then the options Change password and Delete password will be present.

So long as a password is enforced on the card, you won't be able to access the data on the MMC on anything but the Nokia phone of which the password was set. To access the card on another Nokia phone, you're required to enter a password. You cannot however, use the card in any other device other than Nokia phones (with MMC support).

The whole point of the password option is to help keep your data protected, and only accessible using the Nokia phone of which the memory first belonged to.

In order to remove this restriction, you need to remove the password. If you don't know the password, then you'll have to format the memory card. Unfortunately this means you'll lose all data on the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom