Need help/suggestions for new smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
I live in Denton, TX (about 30 minutes north of Dallas/Ft. Worth) and I am currently on a two year contract with AT&T which expires on this 28th of this month.

I've been eyeballing a lot of phones, especially the HTC Touch Pro which sadly is going to Sprint, I believe. However, as nice as that phone would be to have, it might be overkill for what I require. As well informed I consider myself to be with computers, I completely lack with cell phones. So I guess I have a couple of questions.

1) Which phone(s) would be right for me
2) Anybody recommend another carrier? I haven't minded AT&T so far.

Here is what I plan to use my phone for:
GPS, Google Maps, online browsing (google search, wikipedia, banking, ect.) checking email.

Things I'd like in my phone:
I'd like a slide-out QWERTY keyboard if possible. Although I like how HTC Touch would give you a landscape touch keyboard for texting. I don't need a camera on it at all, although it's fairly common so at the very least the quality of the camera doesn't need to be great. A decent sized screen a larger resolution if possible.

Basically I want a phone that is easy to use, can do all of the above, and has a decent price and data plan. For me, the iPhone 3G prices are too rich for my blood. I'm hoping to spend no more than $50ish for my data plan and texting.

I extremely appreciate any help or input whatsoever. I'm not lazy, I have used google to look up a lot of phones and their specifications. But despite my research, I still feel like I don't know what I'm looking for and would appreciate some direction.

I, too, am in the market for a new smart-style phone. I personally am looking forward to the Android based phones.

The (Android based) HTC Dream was recently announced. It sounds like it will have everything you want... I believe it is going to T-Mobile though... which might make me wait to see later Android phones.

well i currently own an iphone 1st gen, and im happy with it, i dont have any issues or whatsoever, i cant recommend iphone3g because there are lots of negative feedbacks, due to calls that are getting disconnected, 3g signal is very poor, cracks on the back casing. if you can find a pre-owned good condition 1st gen iphone i would recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom