iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolocity4

Baseband Member
Hey, has anyone heard of "hacking" the iPod Touch? it supposedly makes it just like a computer where you can put different applications on there such as games...Here's a couple videos that explain the process basically..It's broken into 5 videos and he says it takes about 15 minutes for the whole process:

YouTube - Ipod Touch Hacked!! It has been Jailbroken, Part 1.

That's just part 1, there other parts should be in the "Related videos" section. Seem's pretty easy enough...but my question is why would you even want games on the touch? It'd be hella hard to play on that little screen and the controls would be hard.

Basically the iPod Touch is a PDA, so yeah, eventually people will allow it to run applications. I actually find my Dell Axim x50v (similar in size and shape of the Touch, but runs WM6) quite nice as a mobile computing device, as it can do music, games, Internet, emulators, video, basic office, e-mail, instant messenger, YouTube, etc. I can see why iPod Touch users would want the same openness on their platform. Especially with the multitouch screen, games would be able to use on-screen buttons. I'm not sure if the iPod Touch has any kind of 3d acceleration hardware though.

Well I've seen some of the games as a NES Emulator which lets you play games like Pac-man and mario or whatever...Havent seen any 3d games yet though.

Like I said...don't think the iPod Touch/iPhone have 3d hardware, thus, limited to no 3d games (you may get some with software rendering, but that's really slow). But yeah, NES emulators are common ports to almost any platform, I have an NES emulator on my PDA, my DS, my GameCube, and my computers.

Ok I have another question...I tried googling it..But I didn't come up with anything. I'm not a real wiz at computers so I was wondering..Is there a difference in WiFi and Wireless routers? Can Ipod touch safari web browser run with the wireless router I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom