Intalling themes?

Jungho06

Solid State Member
Hello,

I've always like mucking about with themes and what not on my computer and I've always been jealous of those who can do the same on their phones. Though sadly I've hit a problem. Most tutorials assume that you've already completed a few steps and have all the needed apps. But with me, this is not the case and I often have a hard time reading them (English is my 3rd language). I'm simply asking if anyone knows of a simple (at least simple worded) tutorials from first step to last step on how to install themes. I have a htc Evo V running Android 4.0.3. Any pointers? Cheers to anyone that helps!

Most likely you won't be able to install a custom theme unless you're on a custom ROM. Go over to XDA Developers forum and see if you can root and install a custom ROM on your device. Be advised this could void your warranty, or if you do something wrong, brick your phone.

The only way to install themes on a Stock ROM would be to install a Launcher like Nova, Apex, ADW, GOLauncher or one of the many others that offers theme support. If you don't want to install a launcher but get theme support, then you will have to do what carnage suggested and install a custom ROM for the device.

Most likely you won't be able to install a custom theme unless you're on a custom ROM.

There is GoLauncher which has a lot of beautiful theme which are surprisingly available for free. MIUI x2, ZMC, UI 3.0 are few of the top themes.

I have used Nova, AWD and others as well. Nothing is as smooth and feature-rich as go launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is GoLauncher which has a lot of beautiful theme which are surprisingly available for free. MIUI x2, ZMC, UI 3.0 are few of the top themes.

I have used Nova, AWD and others as well. Nothing is as smooth and feature-rich as go launcher.

Yeah, I forgot there were themes for launchers out there like Go, Nova, and Apex.

Back
Top Bottom