Good cheap tablet

GeneralMuch

Beta member
Hi, recently someone stole my ipad 2 and now I need a new tablet that is cheap. The two options that I have are either the Nvidia shield k1 or the Sony xperia z3 tablet compact. Both are at the same price where I live. I have also seen some lenovo tablet that is bigger than the z1 and k1 but it is said that it is much slower... But by how much?
I mostly use my tablet for youtube and writing. So the gaming features of the k1 will most likely not be used.

Mostly YouTube and writing hmm...?

Do you mean like drawing pictures with a pen? Or writing notes for yourself?

I was just looking for a cheap phone-tablet for my mom earlier as dirt-cheap as possible. I found that good brands like Samsung are at least double compared to the generic Chinese brands with similar hardware specs. Since tablets often get dropped, damaged or stolen... I'd say it's better to go with something cheap and save your extra money for a good laptop or more functional device.

That's just my opinion though...

You didn't give me a budget, that would help a lot!

P.S.
That's cool you live in Sweden. I'm 85% Swedish but American-born. Been wanting to travel to visit there for a long time.

So, my budget is around $250 and with writing I mean taking notes and other things you do as a student.
Right now, it seems like the z3 tablet compact is the best option since the 32Gb version is at $230 here.

As of right now, I don't think that a new pc will be nessesary for a while since I bought a new one last year.

Also, if you ever go to Sweden. Then you have to try our "kebab pizza". Seems odd but there are no better pizzas. :)

So, my budget is around $250 and with writing I mean taking notes and other things you do as a student.
Right now, it seems like the z3 tablet compact is the best option since the 32Gb version is at $230 here.

As of right now, I don't think that a new pc will be nessesary for a while since I bought a new one last year.

Also, if you ever go to Sweden. Then you have to try our "kebab pizza". Seems odd but there are no better pizzas. :)

That is a good price and I've always had good luck with Sony stuff. I'm not sure if they've been keeping to their old-ways but they always have had quality stuff.

That's a really good price, especially without having to pay for shipping! I'd so go ahead and do it.

As for the pizza, thank you for the advice :lol:
I'm a vegan though so I hope they have meat-less versions :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom