Flash player for android tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I see says Android 2.2:

Sungale Cyberus ID1010WTA 10.1" Tablet Computer - 1 GHz | Overstock.com

Webcam: Yes
Operating System: Android 2.2
Maximum Battery Run Time: 6 Hour

Sungale 1010WTA Sungale Cyberus ID1010WTA 10.1" Tablet - 1 GHz - 256MB SDRAM - Webcam - Android 2.2 from mwave.com

Technical Information:

Model :1010WTA
General : 1GHZ CPU + Android 2.2 operation system

Sungale: Premier Designer and Manufacturer of Digital Products

Android 2.2 operation system

Android 2.2 (Support flash 10.1 or higher version) operating system

1GHZ CPU + Android 2.2 operation system

The last 3 directly from the manufacturer. So it is Android 2.2 Froyo which is in full support of Flash. The kernel version makes no difference as the Kernel can read differently than the OS. Case in point, his Kernel reads 2.6 while it runs Android 2.2. My Kernel on my phone is 4.1.8.3 yet I only run Android 2.2 on there. The kernel has no effect on the OS in use. What does bother me is that what I see listed is the fact that they have a custom UI that operates from the Android 2.2 OS.

That could be the issue there. So while it does run Froyo, their custom UI could be the source of the issue.

TO all: Thanks so much for the help. I bought it from Overstock. I suppose I assumed it wasn't ever used before. I got it in the box, it was wrapped as if it was brand new, so I'm going to assume that. You're both right - the specs of the machine (according to the Sungale website) are that it runs the OS you're all referring to. I'm going to try again with the thing. I'm going to restore it to factory settings and set it up again enabling all cookies, java, etc. We'll see what happens. Last night I got it to the point where I was on the install page for Flash and there was an alert saying it WAS compatible with my tablet. We'll see. I think it's either a work in progress or little missy is gonna have to just love app games. Thanks a lot for your help.

What does bother me is that what I see listed is the fact that they have a custom UI that operates from the Android 2.2 OS.

That could be the issue there. So while it does run Froyo, their custom UI could be the source of the issue.

Not necessarily. Motorola uses Motoblur I believe, HTC uses Sense, etc. A lot of manufacturers have a custom UI for Android; that shouldn't matter for applications like Flash and things like that. The custom UI isn't much different than having something like ADW Launcher or Launcher Pro

TO all: Thanks so much for the help. I bought it from Overstock. I suppose I assumed it wasn't ever used before. I got it in the box, it was wrapped as if it was brand new, so I'm going to assume that. You're both right - the specs of the machine (according to the Sungale website) are that it runs the OS you're all referring to. I'm going to try again with the thing. I'm going to restore it to factory settings and set it up again enabling all cookies, java, etc. We'll see what happens. Last night I got it to the point where I was on the install page for Flash and there was an alert saying it WAS compatible with my tablet. We'll see. I think it's either a work in progress or little missy is gonna have to just love app games. Thanks a lot for your help.

If you're trying to download Flash player by going to Adobe.com through the browser, don't do that. Just open the Android Market app and search for "Flash" and download the Adobe flash player that way.

Also, if the stock browser isn't working, try a different browser like Dolphin HD or Skyfire.

If you're trying to download Flash player by going to Adobe.com through the browser, don't do that. Just open the Android Market app and search for "Flash" and download the Adobe flash player that way.

Also, if the stock browser isn't working, try a different browser like Dolphin HD or Skyfire.[/QUOTE]

That was (is) the problem - when I go to the market and search for Adobe Flash Player (or even if I broaden the search to "adobe," or "flash") nothing comes up. I was going to ask about installing a different browser. I think that's my next plan of attack. :) Seriously - I've never had so many problems with a device. I even unrooted and flashed an HTC Evo. I just can't work this stupid tablet.

Thx. I'll update you on the status once I get the tablet - my daughter has it in her bedroom and she's sleeping.

Well the problem them comes in with the Market place. Remember there was an update to the way the market place operates to acutally only show apps that are compatible with the device in use.

It is for this reason that I can't get such things as SwiftKey X or even Facebook 1.6.1 on my Galaxy Tab to date cause they are not compatible with my device. So you will have to submit a bug report to Google that the Market is not allowing you to download or even show Adobe Flash Player when you search for it, even though your device is compatible. They will then have to take a look and make sure that device is on the allowed list on their end.

I can tell you that my Tablet finds it in the Market place. So it isnt that aspect at all. It is something on Google's end.

Like I said, it is Device Specific now. Since your device is compatible, it will show up. The Captivate my wife has which only ran Android 2.1, up till a few days ago, didnt show Flash Player yet her Galaxy Tab does which runs Android 2.2 on it. Now that it has been updated to Android 2.2, it shows Flash. Just like my Atrix and my Tab. So if it isnt showing, that tells me that the Android Market is not setup properly for that device and Google must be notified that this device is capable of running Flash.

It isnt a well known device. I didnt even hear of it till this topic. It barely has any reviews out there and given the specs, it isnt going to really be in high demand over the devices out there now. So it wouldnt surprise me if this device fell under the radar and the market isnt setup by Google properly for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom