Feedback on my first Android app

I like Visual Studio 2010 but I think the 2012 version is a bit ugly!

Looks pretty much the same, IMO. I added a theme extension for it, and applied the Dark Theme. Looks quite nice and easy on the eyes. I also have Productivity Power Tools extension that adds on some other nice features like highlighting the line I'm currently on, and having different color codes on the scrollbar for areas in the code (i.e. current line is a white block, errors are bright red blocks, breakpoints are dark red, and uncommitted code to my SVN server is yellow).

2lt09de.png

Tools > Extensions and Updates > select 'Online' from the left panel > search for "Visual Studio 2012 Color Theme Editor".

Then you can select a theme by going to: Tools > Change Color Theme > pick a color (I'm using the 'Dark' theme currently).

I also recommend Productivity Power Tools if you're on either 2010 or 2012. I usually just disable Automatic Brace Completion with it, and call it good.

Thanks for that I will change it straight away. What I didn't really like about VS 2012 was that it's color was so bland (compared to VS 2010). This makes it MUCH better.

Yeah, I didn't like the color either, so the first thing I did was find that theme plugin lol.

The dark theme is way less straining on my eyes.

Thanks for the tip anyway. It makes a big difference!

I've just published update 1.1 to my app that includes a few more stats, and a better layout for the display country screen and a auto capital letters for data input. Going to get working on a map next up. Check it out!

Back
Top Bottom