What's the best audio/video editing software/hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KShef

Baseband Member
Please excuse my rant here, but it's relevant to the topic. To put it bluntly, I hate broadcast commercials to an abnormal degree. I hate them so much, I only watch or listen to recorded programs so I can fast-forward through the commercials. If I'm watching or listening to current news or sports, I'll either channel surf or mute the TV or radio during the commercials. It's to the point where I've developed a skill of loading my favorite radio talk shows to my hard drive and quickly using editing software to delete the commercials before I listen to the shows. I'm quite disturbed. I know.

Anyways, I'm wondering a DVR will make this process more practical. From what I understand, it's made to continuously record up to an hour's worth of programming on a loop and at the end of the loop it starts recording over what it recorded an hour earlier. If this is the case, it wouldn't help me much.

I'm currently using Adobe Audition to edit my audio, and it works well. However, I'm shopping for the best video editing software/hardware and was wondering if anyone had any experience with efficient, yet reasonably priced, hardware or software suitable for my demented intentions. I've heard that Pinnacle Systems makes good stuff and was wondering if anyone had experience with their products.

If anyone uses satellite radio an can give me some information about that, I'd appreciate it very much too.

For video editing, I use Pinnacle Studio 8. It's a good program but it has some problems. They have a newer version (studio 9) out and I wonder if that will relieve those problems. I like the program because it can also be used to author DVDs.

studio 8 is $100 and is very easy to use.

I recently upgraded to studio 9 and love it! It's cheaper when it's on sale (duh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom