Safari 4 is officially OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
And I've got to say...it wins. In an epic way.
Download Safari 4

I love the idea of the 'top sites' tab, it handles well and is very fast. It's easy to browse in, easy to create/close tabs. It's also got threaded processes, meaning a crash on one tab won't bring the whole browser down.
On the whole, I'd say it's the best browser I've seen yet. If you haven't got it, get it.

Safari 4 is built on the world's most advanced browser technologies including the new Nitro JavaScript engine that executes JavaScript nearly eight times faster than IE 8 and more than four times faster than Firefox 3. Safari quickly loads HTML web pages more than three times faster than IE 8 and three times faster than Firefox 3.

Safari 4 includes Top Sites, for an incredible visual preview of frequently visited and favourite pages; Full History Search, to search through titles, web addresses and the complete text of recently viewed pages; and Cover Flow, to easily flip through web history or bookmarks. Other innovative features include Smart Address Fields for automatically completing web addresses from an easy to read list of suggestions; Search Fields, to fine tune searches with recommendations from Google Suggest or a list of recent searches; and Full Page Zoom, for a closer look at any website without degrading the quality of the site's layout and text.

When I format my Macbook, I'll make sure to throw it on. But I'll be darned if I'm sticking on my desktop. Lol.

i downloaded..loaded a few pages and they went kinda slow..but i guess since it's a fresh browser install you can expect that. I liked the earlier forms of it..so hopefully i'll get use to the new one

EDIT: I'm really not liking it to well...crashing a lot..and when it crashes it doesn't just crash one tab, whole browser goes down. I have no idea where OP got his information from :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom