Intel's 22nm CPUs coming in 2H 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive .... AMD drops to 32nm and here comes intel 22nm :( I was really hoping AMD would put some pressure on Intel. Still hope with bulldozer, but Intel seems just so much further along then AMD

Impressive .... AMD drops to 32nm and here comes intel 22nm :( I was really hoping AMD would put some pressure on Intel. Still hope with bulldozer, but Intel seems just so much further along then AMD

It's amazing what those extra billions of dollars of R&D can do for a company, eh? I still pull for AMD, though. I mean, look at what they do and what they do it with, and then look at the monolithic Intel.

AMD is keeping intel on its toes, you gotta remember, these advancements are here because AMD was starting to kick Intels *** everywhere.

Though, the money intel has can easily keep them on top for a long time, AMD is still king for the lower end market IMO, mostly due to the cost of an AMD rig compared to Intel seems to be cheaper to get going. :3

^ off topic, wtf is with using that :3 thing so much? Isn't it meant to be a cutesy smiley?

It's also used to show fondness for the thing you just said, I believe. And just to lower the tone of the conversation. And make it more friendly, etc.

Anyway; a smaller manufacturing process coming in the future? I get surprised by these announcements every time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom