Google Cr-48 Laptop Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
Google Cr-48 Chrome laptop preview (update: in-depth impressions!) -- Engadget

chrome-cr-48-preview-002-top.jpg

Well, would you look at what showed up on our frigid doorstep this morning? That's right, we are now the proud owners of Google's first Chrome OS laptop -- the Cr-48. Obviously, we ripped open the box and got right to handling the 12.1-inch, Atom-powered laptop. So, what does the thing feel like? How's that keyboard? And more importantly, how's Chrome OS looking? Stand by for our impressions, which we'll be adding in depth over the day. First impression: this thing is different.

Is it just me or is there no Caps Lock key on that...

Well get yer glassses sunny:

That's right, it's not your grandfather's keyboard, and Google made some real changes to the traditional layout -- it ditched the Caps Lock button for a search key, nixed the usual function control row and wiped out the Windows or Command button so there's now room for ultra-wide Ctrl and Alt buttons.

You seem right!

It's still enable-able though lol, so there's still caps lock function. That being said, I hardly ever use caps and I use search a **** ton, so seems like an awesome switch to me.

It's still enable-able though lol, so there's still caps lock function. That being said, I hardly ever use caps and I use search a **** ton, so seems like an awesome switch to me.

Same here. I can't think of the last time I used caps lock.

I successfully signed up for one, even though I said I was in the UK and it's US-only :p

Looks interesting, if a bit cheaply-designed (visually, can't comment hardware-wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom