DirectX11 facts unveiled from joystiq.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
DirectX 11 detailed; Vista and DX 10 / 10.1 hardware supported - Joystiq

new compute shader technology
developers can take advantage of the graphics card as a parallel processor
multi-threaded resource handling that will allow games to better take advantage of multi-core machines
support for tessellation which allows developers to refine models to be smoother and more attractive when seen up close

hmm i might wait for the R800 to come out then, no?

EDIT:

oh n i do want to point out that DX11 will support Vista n Windows 7 sometime in 2009-2010.

Are you serious? They have barely done anything with DX10 and now theyre developing DX11?! Why don't they just perfect DX10 to make it actually really worth it before they move on...

^^I remember reading a press statement posted here a while back that DX11 is coming for Vista too. Was posted by Trotter i think, im gonna look for it.

EDIT:

ah.......here we go:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/microsoft-unveil-directx-11-xna-gamefest-179631/

Seattle (WA) - Microsoft will take the wraps off DirectX 11 at its annual XNA Gamefest, which is scheduled to take place on July 22 and 23 in Seattle, TG Daily has learned.

This year's Gamefest will be built around DirectX 11, to relight the fire of the multimedia and gaming API. The software is scheduled to be made available for Windows Vista and Windows 7, but Microsoft wants to avoid the same mistakes it made with DirectX 10.

According to our sources in the game development world, DirectX 10 failed to capture hearts and minds of developers, since Windows Vista and the development environment were just too unstable to use them as a development foundation, we were told. Vista came with a "passing the cost to the consumer" approach in term of hardware performance as the operating system was burdened with DRM in too many stages.

Stay tuned for more details to come.

Following the XNA Gamefest, Microsoft, Nvidia and AMD (ATI) are expected to start talking about DirectX 11 at conferences such as Siggraph 2008 (August 11-15) and Nvision 08 (August 25-27).

DirectX 11 is set to debut in late 2009, several months ahead of the release of Windows 7.

Dx10 was such an epic fail that they released Dx10.1 to hold us off, and now they got dx11 coming to hopefully make up for what should of been something awesome.

Don't wait dude...you were just talking about a bottleneck... Now you wannawait for a r800? you should just stick with your 3870x2 honestly, its such a good card even if the 4 series is on fire.

Dx10 was such an epic fail that they released Dx10.1 to hold us off, and now they got dx11 coming to hopefully make up for what should of been something awesome.

Don't wait dude...you were just talking about a bottleneck... Now you wannawait for a r800? you should just stick with your 3870x2 honestly, its such a good card even if the 4 series is on fire.

DX10 epic fail? Care to explain.

ya, ya i know, im gonna stick with my 3870 x2 for a while n get a 45nm Phenom like i planned.

Plus most of the so called Graphics Upgrades can be emulated with Texture packs and stuff

isnt because developers r so used to DX9 that it's hard to go to DX10 all of the sudden?

off topic:

cool! I hit 1,500 posts, what do i win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom