Max Payne 3 System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
PP, what you say is going to be true of 95% of games. You'd be a happier person if you would just accept it already.
I did, I paid for Battlefield 3. Doesn't mean I can't be mad about it as the consumer is still #1. Just ****es me off with us having this much horsepower and yet consoles with 1/5th or less the power of my PC gets all the attention when we started good gaming to begin with.

They need to can the console crap and spend that time making their game actually "good" and spend the time making better graphics for people who actually care. IE, PC gamers.

I lold at this comment though.
Maximum Propaganda.

Bam, this just proves my point further.
Crytek Creating DirectX 11-like Graphics Effects for Crysis 3 on Xbox 360 and PS3 - techPowerUp! Forums

Crytek think they are fooling people, but they aren't. DX11 effects in DX9? Please, they are just trying to push DX9 to it's incapable limits by rewriting code and then porting that **** to PC to release a crappy DX11 patch later. I bet this game will be lag city on the consoles.

They arn't lieing man. DX11 just builds into it stuff that was incredibley difficult, complex and slow (to the point it is not worth trying) to do on DX9. Very little stuff you can't technically do on DX9. I don't see how that has any relevence to the PC version. They have already said it will be launching with DX11 on PC.

They need to can the console crap and spend that time making their game actually "good" and spend the time making better graphics for people who actually care. IE, PC gamers.

I lold at this comment though.
Maximum Propaganda.

You are just being ignorant. The game has had one gameplay trailer and you are already telling them they need to make the game better. No one except a few game magazines have even seen it in flesh. Let alone played it. Just because the majority of console gamers are not technically minded enough or have the money to do PC gaming properly, doesn't mean they don't care about graphics. Sure 99.9% of them arn't going to know as much as people on here but on the other hand if you gave them Crysis 3 and it looked like crap I think they would be ****ed off as we would be. Also, there is not as much money on the PC side as thing as consoles. Game publishers and developers arn't a not-for-profit company, they are out to make as much money as they can. As a consumer it sucks, but thats just how it is.

There are only very few companies that can make solid profits comparable to console games out of PC gamers. Bethesda, Valve, Blizzard and thats about it - more so the latter two.

I think we are just going to have to hold out until the new xbox and playstation. With any luck they will be more similar to PC's in architecture. No more CPU bound console ports. And even at there base level they are going to look good on PC, as the hardware will be of a mid-level gaming PC standard. I think it'll be better... for a few years.. until PC hardware goes well ahead again.

Their reputation precedes them as they are doing the exact same thing they did with Crysis 2. I don't care what "profit" console kiddies make them, because if it wasn't for PC games Crysis wouldn't even be on the damn map. I've said my piece and proven my point. You just fail to see it.

No I see it all right, but it's just unreasonable to realisticly expect PC to be the lead platform on most games. Just because you don't like that fact doesn't make it not true. There is more money in consoles, hate it, be angry at companies, at the end of the day it still holds true and if you were running a company and had shareholders who don't give a **** about anybody shouting down your throat for more profit you would do the same. It's business.

Our opinions are entirely the same on ****ty console games needing to die and PC should be lead platform for everything, the only difference being is I accept why it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom