Deneb = Phenom II, info leaks out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the 920's over clock to about the same frequencies while sporting 8MB of total cache as well. Then it would be reasonable to go with the 920 instead. On the bright side, if for some reason there is a huge price gap between the two, I'll just go with the 920. If there is not, then I would go for the 940.

920 doesnt have an unlocked multi though.

Its much easier to oc a chip with unlocked multi. That pretty much means that any board can oc it cause you dont even have to mess with ram, just multi and voltage. My current board may be able to do it since it does support up to the 9850 , so i imagine asus would do a bios update to support deneb chips.

Even if they dont, well then i could just get me an sb750 board and get my 4ghz.

GOSH YES!!! I am so glad i waited Phenom II, so happy! Was well worth the wait. Apok n others may be right about the Phenom being better suited on a 45nm fab then 65nm. Now i just need to figure out what to do with my 5000+ BE.

hold on though, so Phenom FX is Phenom II?

where is the "Deneb FX"?

EDIT:

check that out. The planned 945 is gonna be AM3 n i presume that is a Deneb FX and is suited for AM3.

hmm, i may need to wait longer if i ever go to AM3 in the future because if i get the 940 now n want to go AM3 n DDR3 ram later, im screwed then.

hold on though, so Phenom FX is Phenom II?

where is the "Deneb FX"?
There's speculation that FX's will be introduced when High-K Metal Gate's are used

in 2Q, a 945 will be introduced, which I can only assume is 3GHZ AM3, and probably an unlocked multiplier. Though I'm not sure if AM3 boards are actually going to arrive for a while.

I might just get the 940, then a 945 when they come out.

There's speculation that FX's will be introduced when High-K Metal Gate's are used

in 2Q, a 945 will be introduced, which I can only assume is 3GHZ AM3, and probably an unlocked multiplier. Though I'm not sure if AM3 boards are actually going to arrive for a while.

I might just get the 940, then a 945 when they come out.

Somebody has the upgrade bug ;)

This may actualy give me a reason to look for a new mobo soon... Grr it is gonna be a pain finding a new mobo and I wonder if my AM water block would work on an am3 board... I know it fits AM2 boards...

This may actualy give me a reason to look for a new mobo soon... Grr it is gonna be a pain finding a new mobo and I wonder if my AM water block would work on an am3 board... I know it fits AM2 boards...

Probably will because AM2 and AM3 are backwards compatible

AM3 is the same physical size and shape. Only the number of pins is different (either 1 or 2 less).

I'm probably sticking with AM2+ for now, unless AM3 has a significant performance increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom