AMD Processor Roadmap, Launch Dates Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ment i havn't seen a list (good list) for the 940 and supported motherboards for AM2/AM2+.
AM3 list was for a 'ball park' idea of what was being supported for deneb and a good chance imo of what you could see supported for the 940
probably should of explained that...

the high-end Phenom II 945 3.0GHz (aka 940) will be AM3, but is backwards compatible with AM2/AM2+ mobos. AM2/AM2+ processors (including the upcoming Phenom IIs) will not be compatible with AM3 mobos.

just stating the facts is all.

well, the 940 was already tested on multiple am2+ boards.

Its a native am2+ chip....pretty much every am2+ board should run it.

The 945 is the same chip, just for am3.

well, the 940 was already tested on multiple am2+ boards.

Its a native am2+ chip....pretty much every am2+ board should run it.

The 945 is the same chip, just for am3.

correct. However, it is BC to AM2/AM2+ remember that rican. Btw, what thermal compound and heatsink do u use for ur current setup right now?

AF64 with the stock paste it came with, which is mx-2.

dude seriously, the stock paste that came with my HD 3870 x2 is a bit better then the MX-2. I reapplied the MX-2 because i put too much n there was hardly any difference before except for slightly higher temps, isnt that strange??

the high-end Phenom II 945 3.0GHz (aka 940) will be AM3, but is backwards compatible with AM2/AM2+ mobos. AM2/AM2+ processors (including the upcoming Phenom IIs) will not be compatible with AM3 mobos.

just stating the facts is all.

yes, i'm aware of that.
i baffed my posts trying to get across a point that i can't get from my head to keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom