AMD ATI Radeon HD 5970 Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
HD 5970 Specs/Pricing Revealed

Icrontic ATI Radeon HD 5970 specifications and pricing confirmed

ATI HD 5970 “Hemlock” Graphics Card Priced [Dual-GPU ATI Radeon HD 5970 Video Card Specs & Features] TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

If youre in the market for real high performance cards, even though it will be costing $600, the 5970 looks like a relatively good bang for buck card because they say it will give performance like a hair below xfired 5870's, which would be costing nearly $800.

Re: HD 5970 Specs/Pricing Revealed

Looks pretty sweet. I will still wait for the 300's to come out and then make a decision though, I think I can handle the monkey on my back until then:p

Re: HD 5970 Specs/Pricing Revealed

^ thx for that.

some more reviews are up.
AnandTech: The Radeon HD 5970: Completing AMD's Takeover of the High End GPU Market
Radeon HD 5970: Review of the fastest DirectX 11 graphics card - Test, Review, Radeon HD 5970, Hemlock, DirectX 11, Benchmark, Graphics Card, GPU - PC Games Hardware
Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 2GB Video Card Introduction :: TweakTown
ATI Radeon HD 5970 Dual-GPU Powerhouse Review - HotHardware

popImg.php

stock, it does fall a little short of xfired 5870's which is probably expected sine the gpus come with a lower clock speed than the 5870's, but they are shipping them with a different overdrive app that has a higher cap in memory and core clock speeds. well, whether its stock or OCed, i think this looks like the "gtx 295 killer" than some fanbois were looking for.

AMD ATI Radeon HD 5970 Video Card

Our evaluation of the AMD ATI Radeon HD 5970 video card is now online for your viewing pleasure. If you want the current king of the GPU hill, and you have the dough to blow, the HD 5970 is the card for you.

We've said this multiple times already in this conclusion, the Radeon HD 5970 is a solid piece of hardware that is the fastest thing on the planet for gaming right now, period. There is no question that AMD knows how to make excellent GPU hardware.

AMD ATI Radeon HD 5970 Review Round-Up

AMD has launched the ATI Radeon HD 5970 today and there are a handful of reviews posted around the internet. We have gathered up as many reviews as we could find so far and we will add more to the list throughout the day as we find them.

[H]ardOCP
Benchmark Reviews
Bit-Tech
Driver Heaven
HotHardware
Legit Reviews
techPowerUP!

AMD today announced the flagship installment in the award-winning line of graphics cards, the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970, the fastest card ever created.1 The new ultra high-end model joins a growing list of the world's first and only graphics cards to fully support Microsoft DirectX® 11 technology and ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology.

Designed to support the most demanding PC games at ultra-high resolutions and image quality settings, the ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5970 has unlocked overclocking potential, granting access to every bit of power the card has to offer through ATI Overdriveâ„¢ technology.2 Now shipping from retailers and available in the channel, the ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5970 also launches today in new Alienware Area-51, Area-51 ALX and Aurora desktop PCs.

sweet, more reviews :)

this is just a heck of a card, and its the only card out atm that supports crossfire (internal crossfire) + eyefinity; nice feature for those of you who have multiple monitors and spare $600 lying around.

and thayre at the egg, dont waste time!... not in stock yet though.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161311&cm_re=5970-_-14-161-311-_-Product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131324&cm_re=5970-_-14-131-324-_-Product

cmonn nvidia, youre slackin, you gotta bring something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom