work computers suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWN

Field Engineer
The machine they game me at work is a PIII 450mhz 100fsb 512 l2 cache and 512mb ram pc100. i got bored so i overclocked it. this is what i got out of it, let me know what you think

600mhz/133fsb and the ram is now pc133.

The machine runs alot better now. The internet opens quicker as well as the apps.

Mate, I am always trying to keep my work computer less powerful than my home computer.

Your work computer less powerful than your work computer...don't you mean your work computer less powerfull than your home computer?

Anyways, Yea, we got some PIII 127MB comps at school. Some are different makes though, like we have some Compaqs and some other brand. They both are horrible though.:(

The general use computer in our office is a PI 133 with 64MB.
My Dimension 4600 is the big boy on campus with P4 2.8 and 512MB.
And unfortunately my bosses still think floppy disks are keen.

Is anybody's high school still on Windows 3.1? My high school (i graduated last year), still had one lab with Windows 3.1 based computers. Most others were running Win2k though....

wow 3.1? I think my elementary school I went to still has 95 and nt... But junior high school has w2k and DELLS! <I hate them

alt_ctrl_del said:
WinXP on a 350mhz?
It's do-able. I have installed on as low as Cel 333. But it helps if you got at least 512Mb Ram on them.

[EDIT] and even their you are still stuggling, so don't even think about installing SP2. [/EDIT]
[EDIT2] Infact I rather stick with Win2K where possible on machines that old. Like my printer server P-166 (non-MMX)/8x 8Mb EDO. It does annoy me when i see people pushing technology too far.[/EDIT2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom