Wisdom teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I have to get all 4 wisdom teeth taken out in a few weeks. I am freakin out here! The main reason why I am freakin out is because I SUCK at swallowing pills and I know I will have to swallow a pill for anti biotics and one for pain. This really blows! Anyone have any comments or suggestions? anything? Just wanted to know if anyones gone through the same thing. thanks TF

It ain't no fun, but it will pass. I had mine removed a couple of year ago... about 25 years later than it should have been. One was in bad shape and had broken/splintered, so it had to be taken out in pieces. They put me under for it all.

The first couple of days are nasty (bloody gauze, pain), but then it starts to ease off. Lots of rinsing with warm salt water. Not really a lot of pain after the initial day or so (and that with them having to shatter both bottom sockets).

Don't let it freak you out. Some pain and uncomfortableness now will mean no problems with it later on.

Are they being cut out or just removed conventionally. I had my top 2 pulled while awake and just some novacaine. Heh, you'll be amazed when you see how BIG wisdom teeth are.

Heh, i actually still have my lower wisdom teeth. One has actually grown in past the other teeth since it has nothing above it to stop it :p I really should get around to having them taken out, but the whole "surgery" thing put me off.

me, 2 yrs or so ago 2 of mine were taken out. Took about 45 minutes to pull them out. I recovered quite well. No bad bleeding, just a few spits here n there is all. Was not at all! I dont lie! I was not in any pain.

Mine went really well compared to most others people's, I think. Other than me throwing up a ton of blood when I got home I was in pretty good shape. I only had to change gauze once I think because by that evening I wasn't even bleeding. I took the vicodin for the first couple of days but sparingly after that, it didn't do much for me and I didn't have much pain. Still had like half the bottle left when I was done. Pretty good for having all 4 removed.

Be very sure to avoid dry socket, that's supposed to be the worst pain a man can feel. I've heard a LOT of stories and none are pleasant! So don't eat ANY solid foods. Stick to like Jello and stuff. Don't drink any soda (something they never told me) cause it will remove the scab, leading to dry socket.

I actually did remove the scabs so I could have potentially gotten dry socket. It was from drinking Mountain Dew when I wasn't supposed to. But I brushed my teeth and cleaned out the holes every few hours and used a lot of mouth wash (be very gentle when swishing!) so they filled over fine. Keeping your mouth really clean is key.

If you're lucky it'll go well like mine and you'll have about a week to sit around and play video games and eat jello. And coming out of general anesthesia is probably the best feeling you'll have in your life. You'll also hit on the nurse, just about everyone does ;).

I had all 4 of mine cut out 5 years ago. I woke up halfway through the surgery but fell back asleep. I ate pork chops that night. I wasn't in much pain, but I took all the pills they gave me. Couple days or a week later I pulled out part of the stitches that didn't dissolve and all was well.

ok, im debating whether to have them taken out like this week, or wait until around july 19th ish. Idk what to do. Like I said, im freakin out!!! Im only 17 btw. The main part that scares me is the pills. I am TERRIBLE at swallowing pills. It is going to be impossible to do with all that gauze and blood... can I hide out at one of your houses? lol

You should be fine. I wasn't really worried about getting mine out, but I was in a lot of pain, and I'm glad I got them out. I was 16 when I got mine taken out, so I was a bit younger than you :) You'll be fine, just try not to think about it.

o, btw I beat crysis today. I really liked that game. Anyways, your right, I need to stop worrying. One more question, does the anti biotic only prevent from my mouth from being infected or does it do like my whole body? Something ive always wondered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom