Whats your favorite law ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And clotting up your arteries, killing your heart, and destroying your liver, whilst ruining your brain, also isnt on your list of to do things before your 30 :)

And making your clothes smell really bad.

(I've never smoked).

I don't have a favorite law.

3900th post!

Texas is passing a law that is similar to one in a few other states that says if somebody is breaking into your home, or your car, you can kill them.
Edit: Here's the link
Texas signs new self-defense by gun law - Yahoo! News

That is some sick *** **** Texas got going there. If you did that in britain, Itd be called Man Slaughter, and you would have about 14 Years in prison :(.

I want our law to become stricter though. That would be cool, Jus pop em in da head :). Even if you are being attacked, only under very certain circumstances will you let off for Fataly Wounding someone.

Yet... If you walk the street with a BB Gun, Armed Police Riot Vans turn up and several Police surround you with MP5's and Spas 12's and Bullet Proof Shields. This is crazy. This happened to my mate, i was there. O and by the way there allowed to shoot if you point it at them, some lad died once because of this.

I know here in Canada... some of our laws were taken from the US but most of them from the UK..
The use of force as defined by law is the reasonable force necessary to overcome the threat you are being presented with.

The key word there is reasonable.. If KMAN were to smack me in the face it would be unreasonable in the eyes of the law to shoot him.. maby pepperspray him...

If he broke into my house and had a knife I could probably get away with shooting him.. because He had the knife for a reason.. you dont need a knife to rob a place. So most likely the judge would rule that I used a reasonable amount of force to neutralize the threat I was presented with.

I figured the UK would somewhat be the same.. maby not...

That is some sick *** **** Texas got going there. If you did that in britain, Itd be called Man Slaughter, and you would have about 14 Years in prison :(.

I want our law to become stricter though. That would be cool, Jus pop em in da head :). Even if you are being attacked, only under very certain circumstances will you let off for Fataly Wounding someone.

Yet... If you walk the street with a BB Gun, Armed Police Riot Vans turn up and several Police surround you with MP5's and Spas 12's and Bullet Proof Shields. This is crazy. This happened to my mate, i was there. O and by the way there allowed to shoot if you point it at them, some lad died once because of this.

I think it's brilliant. I also think that if you are breaking the law, any injuries you get as a result shoudl NOT be covered by ANY insurance and you should not be able to sue anybody over it. I have read where some guy broke into a house, cut his arm on the window HE BROKE, had permanant nerve damage, sued the home owner and WON. If you're breaking the law, sucks for you. And if you are running from the cops, if you refuse to stop, they should be able to shoot you in the leg or something. Of course the police would have to be careful NOT to abuse this. We don't need more laws, we need better, more effective enforcement. We need to stop allowing people to sue over stupid stuff they do to themselves. If you burn your lip because you drank hot coffee, get over it. It's SUPPOSED to be hot. I read another story where a teenager climbed a fence at a dock where there were "No Swimming and NO Diving" signs posted, dives off the top of the fence into the water which is only a few feet deep, breaks his neck and is paralyzed. His family sued the stae for a ton of money and WON. I believe one state has legislature pending that will stop frivilous litigation.

It is illegal to Put an ice cream cone in your back pocket on sundays
(somewhere in states)

That would be in my home town of Lexington Kentucky. The law actually has a logical reason beliove it or not. since we have the Keenland race tracks here and it is a big horse center you can imagine how many prized horses they have here. well it happens that horses like ice cream and a way to steal one is to stick it in your back pocket and walk right in to the horse trailer, the stupid animal follows you right in and you lock em up and drive away. Its not a vcery practical way to steal horses anymore, but from what i understand it was a common practice back in the day.

I think it's brilliant. I also think that if you are breaking the law, any injuries you get as a result shoudl NOT be covered by ANY insurance and you should not be able to sue anybody over it. I have read where some guy broke into a house, cut his arm on the window HE BROKE, had permanant nerve damage, sued the home owner and WON. If you're breaking the law, sucks for you. And if you are running from the cops, if you refuse to stop, they should be able to shoot you in the leg or something. Of course the police would have to be careful NOT to abuse this. We don't need more laws, we need better, more effective enforcement. We need to stop allowing people to sue over stupid stuff they do to themselves. If you burn your lip because you drank hot coffee, get over it. It's SUPPOSED to be hot. I read another story where a teenager climbed a fence at a dock where there were "No Swimming and NO Diving" signs posted, dives off the top of the fence into the water which is only a few feet deep, breaks his neck and is paralyzed. His family sued the stae for a ton of money and WON. I believe one state has legislature pending that will stop frivilous litigation.
the US has way too many lawyers. People sue each other for just about everything over there.

I agree whole heartedly. I carry, not because of ignorance, but because of pride and the Right for a man to take what ever measure necissary to defend himself.

the US has way too many lawyers. People sue each other for just about everything over there.

The causality of that being that more and more people get away with frivolous lawsuits. All these lawyers are a product of frivolous suits going through and being won.

As for the UK, I could never live there because of their liberal gun laws

As for my favorite law, well, I dunno about favorite, but one that I found extremely out dated. In the town where I went to high school (all 800 people in the town) it was illegal to hang a black man after dark.

I agree whole heartedly. I carry, not because of ignorance, but because of pride and the Right for a man to take what ever measure necissary to defend himself.

The causality of that being that more and more people get away with frivolous lawsuits. All these lawyers are a product of frivolous suits going through and being won.

As for the UK, I could never live there because of their liberal gun laws

As for my favorite law, well, I dunno about favorite, but one that I found extremely out dated. In the town where I went to high school (all 800 people in the town) it was illegal to hang a black man after dark.

You wouldnt beleive how hard it is to get a gun license round here. Theres even limits on Lead Pellet Air Rifles.....

But i couldnt live in the USA because you have (or should) at least to my beleif, ahve to have Orange tips on your BB Guns, so much for replicas. Owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom