WHATS your BMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dun really care about how anyone looks, I just hate it when I meet someone who is obviously more on the roly-poly side because of how they live, and they don't try to do anything about it.

so...actually you do care about how someone looks. which shouldn't really matter to you anyway. if someone wants to be fat, let them be fat. they aren't going to make you fat by being fat themselves. maybe some people like being heavy. maybe its their choice. maybe we really shouldnt care.
BTW im 6'1" 180 24.4 verge of being overweight according to this handy "you must look like everyone else because people are supposed to be fit and trim and all look the same here in our homogenous world" calculator.

22.0 meh, I reckon that's ok.
What with usa being the fattest country in the WORLD, I'm not too surprised with how many peeps are like 'yeah my bmi is 30+ but i'm not fat...)
seriously, whatever you're eating...don't eat it. Do some push-ups. Chase the local wildlife with a spear (trust me, it's fun).

thats wrong, germany is the fattest country in the world, then its america, then australia i think.

EDIT : 14 years old and a BMI of 22.5, which is decent for a guy who sits on his pc most the time :D, exactly in the middle of ideal and overweight.

It was to simply to baseline what a 'ideal' weight would be for your hight.

Well, it's funny you say that, because the "ideal" weight for my height is 185 to 190 (at the VERY END of normal weight). Which is pretty much impossible for me with my dense bone structure. I would be really unhealthy if I hit that weight. But my goal weight of 225, which I would consider a good weight, and I'm sure a doctor would too, is at the very end of the "overweight" scale.

Hence, why I call BMI BS. Any doctor would tell me 225 for my size is a great weight to be. I'm not going to have some archaic scale telling me I'm too overweight.

Well, it's funny you say that, because the "ideal" weight for my height is 185 to 190 (at the VERY END of normal weight). Which is pretty much impossible for me with my dense bone structure. I would be really unhealthy if I hit that weight. But my goal weight of 225, which I would consider a good weight, and I'm sure a doctor would too, is at the very end of the "overweight" scale.

Hence, why I call BMI BS. Any doctor would tell me 225 for my size is a great weight to be. I'm not going to have some archaic scale telling me I'm too overweight.

Yes, but I also said BMI is useless without a doctor's input as well.
Once again, BMI isn't used to 100% confirm if you are overweight or underweight.
It is Step 1.
From there, fat%, muscle%, etc need to be taken into account.

There is good overweight and bad overweight. BMI is not going to tell you that.

A guy I went to high school with was the same height and weight as me...of course same BMI.
The only thing was...I looked much better with my shirt off than he did.
I was a fit, in shape multiple sport athlete where the other guy played basketball and then sat around doing nothing the rest of the time.
Even though we were over our ideal BMI (at the time), I was physically healthier at that size.

Fair enough, I guess. But if I was to look at BMI, even as a baseline, to be at the very edge of normal, I'd have to get to an unhealthy weight for me. Hence, why I never really pay attention to it.

I mean, 190 for me, like I said: unhealthy. The last time I weighed 190 was in 8th grade, rofl. And I obviously wasn't as big then. No way I could ever reach that weight.

Fair enough, I guess. But if I was to look at BMI, even as a baseline, to be at the very edge of normal, I'd have to get to an unhealthy weight for me. Hence, why I never really pay attention to it.

I mean, 190 for me, like I said: unhealthy. The last time I weighed 190 was in 8th grade, rofl. And I obviously wasn't as big then. No way I could ever reach that weight.

You would be surprised...muscle is more dense and weighs more so if you lost weight and put on muscle you could do it.

Im 250 right now and when i went down to 190 it was amazing...usually im around 215 but i went up since i was unemployed with a full time job and not as active as i usually am, but im going back down again.

My ideal weight is around 200 pounds lighter... SO by that judgment, I would be a stick, actualy I would be a skeleton with skin.... Even though I weight nearly 400 pounds, I can't loose much weight or you can seriously see my bones... Kinda pitiful that the health system says I should only be 190, they don't take **** into account now in days.

well i have a bmi of 19.3, last time i checked. that was on the WII fitt. i weigh close to 140lb and am about 6ft tall, so yes i am the "slim" type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom