What You've Just Bought!

I'm just lucky with timing; my workplace is combining two buildings into one, and need to get rid of a TON of unused IT equipment to fit everything, so they're doing a firesale. I could pick up another 10 monitors for a tenner each if I wanted.

Probably going to pick up another i7-2600 machine with 16GB RAM for a friend too

Edit: Just nabbed another LG Ultrawide, aww yiss. I want to have them one above the other so I'll need to get a mount, which will probably cost more than all the equipment combined.

if you run out of space
my address is
......:)

When the heck did 60fps become the minimum requirement anyway? We used to be happy with 30-35fps, spoiled kids these days :p

Today I bought the parts I'll need to redo the boss's watch winder cabinet.
https://aussiemagnets.com.au/product/--3mm-x---2mm-Disc-(Rare-Earth)--(Pack-of-100).html
Z6329 Funduino ULN2003 Motor Drive Module For Arduino - Altronics
Z6241 Funduino Mega 2560 R3 Arduino Compatible Development Board - Altronics

Cost so far is $74 total, the only other part required will be however many $4 geared motors he wants (one per watch). Even if I redid his entire cabinet, the total cost would be $194
If he got it done through the watch winder company, a total redo would cost $21,000. I'm...a little in shock tbh :p like what the actual ****. AND the rebuild I'm doing is going to be better; magnetic clasps instead of crappy inserts, all spinning in sync with some LEDs added that pulse/fade as it spins.
Since forever.

The heaviest games I've played recently are DOOM and Witcher 3. I doubt I could max Battlefield 1.
It could. That Ryzen machine I built with a 970 did BF1 on ultra easy around 80fps. I'd say you should come in around 65-70.

New phone just arrived :D MAH GAWD it feels nice to have a non-smashed non-bent device back in my hands.
Initial impressions are great, gonna take me a while to adjust from the fingerprint sensor moving from the back to the home button tho :grin: and at 5.15" it's not too huge a jump from my old 5". All in all very happy for a phone that only cost $250USD

New phone just arrived :D MAH GAWD it feels nice to have a non-smashed non-bent device back in my hands.
Initial impressions are great, gonna take me a while to adjust from the fingerprint sensor moving from the back to the home button tho :grin: and at 5.15" it's not too huge a jump from my old 5". All in all very happy for a phone that only cost $250USD

what did you get?

Waitttttttt backup a minute, was S0UL suggesting 30fps is acceptable and 60fps is spoilt ?

This is............................ shocking.

If I wanted 30fps i'd buy an Xbox. Honestly 30fps is horrible, I really can't play FPS games at all at 30fps. The absolute minimum for me is 40fps, and I will only endure that if there is no way me to get 60fps. I would rather run at lowered resolution and minimum settings to get 60fps than 40fps and medium settings or whatever.

The only games where 30FPS is okay is top down games like RTS's. I can deal with it in Total War games for example.

Last edited:
Plane tickets for Thanksgiving back home,
plane tickets to Arizona,
plane tickets to Paris (yay!)

Waitttttttt backup a minute, was S0UL suggesting 30fps is acceptable and 60fps is spoilt ?

This is............................ shocking.

If I wanted 30fps i'd buy an Xbox. Honestly 30fps is horrible, I really can't play FPS games at all at 30fps. The absolute minimum for me is 40fps, and I will only endure that if there is no way me to get 60fps. I would rather run at lowered resolution and minimum settings to get 60fps than 40fps and medium settings or whatever.

The only games where 30FPS is okay is top down games like RTS's. I can deal with it in Total War games for example.
Zelda at 30 was fine for me, when it stayed at 30.

Back
Top Bottom