What You've Just Bought!

Finally getting an upgrade for my rig. This is my early birthday present. :D

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler (YD1600BBAEBOX)

MSI B350 GAMING PLUS DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 ATX Motherboard

Patriot Memory Signature Line DDR4 8GB (2 x 4GB) 2400MHz UDIMM Dual Kit Module with Heatshield - PSD48G2400KH

If you get lucky like I did, Win10 will be like, "Oh, ok, whatever!" and keep on rolling as if nothing changed. I was ready to reinstall everything, and by chance decided to see what would happen when I did my upgrade if I let windows try to boot. It came up, loaded, and everything worked amazingly well. Win10 even stayed activated 0.0

If you get lucky like I did, Win10 will be like, "Oh, ok, whatever!" and keep on rolling as if nothing changed. I was ready to reinstall everything, and by chance decided to see what would happen when I did my upgrade if I let windows try to boot. It came up, loaded, and everything worked amazingly well. Win10 even stayed activated 0.0

I've found that even Windows 7 can handle massive hardware changes fairly well, though not as reliably as 10.

Yey, delivery on Friday 20th :D

pEWzq16.png

Running 7 since M$ f'ed me with my network and their updates in 10. But SYSPREP didn't help me as it turns out I accidentally set up my old drive in IDE mode instead ACHI, and my new mobo doesn't even have IDE mode. Having to start from scratch anyway.

Running 7 since M$ f'ed me with my network and their updates in 10. But SYSPREP didn't help me as it turns out I accidentally set up my old drive in IDE mode instead ACHI, and my new mobo doesn't even have IDE mode. Having to start from scratch anyway.
Boot back into old machine on a test bed and change the mode in Windows.

Back
Top Bottom