What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I was curious how much that was in USD, and they're basically identical:
40 Australian dollars = 40.24800 U.S. dollars

+1 to all that, except for the screen thing since I've never seen one.

They cut the weight down on the new one, the battery life is improved (it's a gaming laptop, what do you expect?), and the screen on this one is pretty darn good. I didn't like the screen on my G74, but the G75 I saw looked a lot better.

They cut the weight down on the new one, the battery life is improved (it's a gaming laptop, what do you expect?), and the screen on this one is pretty darn good. I didn't like the screen on my G74, but the G75 I saw looked a lot better.

If it still weighs 8.7lbs after they reduced the weight the earlier ones must have been absurdly heavy.

I do understand it's a gaming laptop, and I do get that they're the best option for some people. It's just that in my mind it goes against everything that laptops are meant to be :p

I wish I had my old laptop still around. I just found out you can add an external GPU to it. When I bought the thing that was all theory and "maybe". Meh, I like my 580 more.

There have been a few people adding external GPU's to their laptops (mainly Lenovo Thinkpads) over on [H]Forum for a few years. Some of the guys about a year ago even created custom cases for them.

Back
Top Bottom