What You've Just Bought!

Re: Tech-forums Official What You've just Bought thread!

L_00002337.jpg

got this for my media center build. gonna do some overclocking :D

i have an AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ AM2 sitting around. Sell it to u for $30.

Just put in an order for 2 of these. Now I need to find an amp, and get to number crunching for a new box.

10sub2.jpg

10sub4.jpg

Just put in an order for 2 of these. Now I need to find an amp, and get to number crunching for a new box.

10sub2.jpg

10sub4.jpg

Sweet mother of magnets! been out of the audio scene for a long time.. but sure do miss it some times... nasty lookin speakers! post install pics...

Sweet mother of magnets! been out of the audio scene for a long time.. but sure do miss it some times... nasty lookin speakers! post install pics...

Unfortunately so have I. My last setup was a pair of custom Digital Designs 1008a's, with 2 ohm coils, and a Directed 1100D. Was one of the loudest setups I had. Blew people's minds when they found out it was just a pair of 8's. These won't be installed until I get a new vehicle, which will be around tax time, so I have more to spend on the vehicle. I've always like Pierce Audio products, but could never afford them. Not sure what I'm going to run them on, thinking Sundown, but I've always wanted to give Incriminator Audio a try. The motor structure on these woofers weigh in at a staggering 55 pounds. :p

nasty... If I didn't care so much about going fast I'd have to get back into it.. perhaps when I buy a car that won't be fast (if that ever happens)..

I look forward to seeing how it goes, last setup I ran was a pair of alpine 10's (alpine 1000 watt amp) in a box we built as an experiment.. back side was a ported box w/ divider for each sub (so 2 ported boxes), and the front of the speakers were recessed into the box and covered to make a single sealed box in the front... it took forever to build, but was louder than any 10s i ever heard... never could duplicate it after I sold it...

nasty... If I didn't care so much about going fast I'd have to get back into it.. perhaps when I buy a car that won't be fast (if that ever happens)..

I look forward to seeing how it goes, last setup I ran was a pair of alpine 10's (alpine 1000 watt amp) in a box we built as an experiment.. back side was a ported box w/ divider for each sub (so 2 ported boxes), and the front of the speakers were recessed into the box and covered to make a single sealed box in the front... it took forever to build, but was louder than any 10s i ever heard... never could duplicate it after I sold it...

Yeah, I'm hoping to get something with a turbo diesel in it, so I don't think I'll be going for any speed records anyway. Not sure on what type of box I'm going to put these in, but most likely a low tuned ported enclosure. If I get a big enough vehicle, I'm going to sell these and buy some 18's. 10's can be in anything, so that's why I got the 10's.

Just bought a $25 gift card to The Home Depot for my sister and brother in law for Christmas.

Finished all my Christmas shopping yesterday. Only thing I went into a store for was the Home Depot gift card, and I was only at Home Depot for work. Yay.

Back
Top Bottom