What technology do you remember in your past years ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Seeing as how I am 28 years old now and 2 1/2 more years to becoming a middle age old man, I have seen technology evolve so greatly.
Back in 1980's we had a modern type writer classic apple I II computers cassete tapes and records where we listened to the old classics rock, slow disco or old 50's music.
The 90's brought in the CD's, superior video game consoles of my teenage times, the old windows 3x to windows 98se in 1999.
Also can't forget those big bulky cellphones in the 90's, I hated cell phones back then.

As of right now we all know we are in a technology age and advancements.
By the time it hits 2020 this computer I am using right now will be soon close to extinction and a new form of computers, tv's and phones will arrive making things more simpler or me and you getting a gun and wanting to shoot are new technical hardware replacements.

What do you all remember about your technology ? those of you that beyond the age of 19 should have no trouble recalling some of the you stuff you used.

The latest technology thing I remember being introduced was DVDs. But hey, I'm only 16 :p I vaguely remember my first PC though, I was 4-5 years old and it could just about run Doom (but crashed all the time).

I went to private school for K-5 and I remember even in Kindergarten that we would make frequent trips to the computer lab that was full of Apple II's, a few of which were even color. It was extremely advanced for an elementary school to have that many computers at the time and we used them a lot, too.

I owned and played the original pong.

My dad bout a cd player in Japan before you could get them in the US. Has to build a power converter to run it in the states.

Cd's cost $50.

10 tf rules
20 goto 10

I can't remember tv before digital we have always had sky digital even when it took having a 2 metre parabolic disk in the garden.

I remember when the majority of pcs ran acorn. I remember Captain quazar quite possibly the best game ever made I still have it in a draw somewhere I think. I also remember the original dune game which was brilliant btw as well. I remember my dad keeping me a wake whilst young as he worked from home and his office was originally across the door from me and the modem for the internet was very loud.

I had a vcd player, which was the forerunner of DVD's and cutting edge at the time, such that you could only get a good selection of films direct from Japan.

My first computer was a Commodore 64/Vic 20. First game system was a Sega Master System.

One of the problems with being anywhere around my age is being old enough to see the release of Shaq-Fu and even when I was 8 knowing it was the worst game of all time.

I still have a copy of it too. It's not even heavy enough to be a paper weight, so it's completely worthless.

I remember 8-track tapes. Dad had a 8-track player in his truck it was great. Then came cassettes and 8-track died.

I remember old 78rpm records. My folks had some when I was growing up. We mainly had LP albums and a giant console stereo the size of a dresser. I got into 45rpm's when I was a teenager, as well as cassettes.

I, too, had the original Pong. I also had an Atari 2600. I laid out of school the day after PacMan was released for the Atari and went to school the next day with some major blisters from the joystick. :(

My first computer was a Tandy Color Computer II, but we used Apples at school. Well, one class used Apples. It was called Computer Science and it was offered for the very first time my senior year of high school. Everything in my high school was done longhand... records, attendance, card catalog, everything.

I remember going over to a friend's house and he and I would dial into a local BB (The Chemical Dungeon) and play on a MUDD.

I used to have to go out on the back porch and turn the antenna for the TV. We lived up on a hill, so we could get some UHF channels as well as the big three. We got our first remote-controlled TV when I was in high school.

My first computer was a Commodore 64/Vic 20. First game system was a Sega Master System.

One of the problems with being anywhere around my age is being old enough to see the release of Shaq-Fu and even when I was 8 knowing it was the worst game of all time.

I still have a copy of it too. It's not even heavy enough to be a paper weight, so it's completely worthless.

You might actually be able to make money out of that then its a famous game from an old genre collectors might be interested and it might be rare due to it being so bad. I would wait 10-20 years though for your generation to mature and lose the game ;)

You might actually be able to make money out of that then its a famous game from an old genre collectors might be interested and it might be rare due to it being so bad. I would wait 10-20 years though for your generation to mature and lose the game ;)

There used to be a website that was dedicated to finding and destroying as many copies of the game as possible, so I highly doubt there's a lot of them out there, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom