What is the stupidest thing anybody has ever said to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind mguire to much, he'll turn into Mr slate from the Flintstones at times. :)

May ask you something, about how much disk storage space did the customer ask for in the beginning ?
It's your day-job, but why not ask your IT manager if you can work with the customer directly to avoid any errors ?
It would save him a headache and give you more flexible options to finish building the server.
Hey there, I was just messing with him :)

Currently we do not have enough physical disk storage slots on the server to have another raid 5 array. I will have my engineer install another disk, break that disk up into 3 partitions, and then he will strip those partitions as a raid 5 array........REALLY??????

If that was even possible.... that drive would die so quick. I would feel sorry for those read\write heads having to write to 3 places on the drive at the same time... every time.

That's what software RAID is... except that putting it on a single disk is as useful as a chocolate teapot. The fact that the server does actually have enough space for another HDD only makes that suggestion worse.

"Why don't helium tanks float away?"

Okay... that was actually me.
In all fairness though, I was really high and we were watching UP.

My friend was adamant buying rounds of drinks was cheaper than everyone buying their own. There was 4 of us, but he swore blind each person buying a round of 4 drinks was cheaper than each of us just buying 4 drinks for ourselves.

No exageration, it took the best part of 30minutes to convince him that no matter how you buy 4 drinks it is going to cost the same.

Earlier today I called the tech department of this one company that hosts a web based educational product for our students. It was exhibiting some weirdness so I wanted to see what they had to say. I told them we were using Google Chrome and their response was:

"Hmm, that's strange. While we don't officially support Google Chrome, we do support Internet Explorer. Since Chrome is directly based on Internet Explorer I'm shocked that Chrome isn't working properly."

*facepalm*

Could have sworn Chrome was more similar to FF when it launched... If I remember right, they used the same engines...
No. Chrome has always used the Webkit engine. It's the same engine used in Safari.
Firefox has its own engine.

It's possible that some design aspects could be copied between them, since they're both open source. But they would usually have to do more than just ctrl + c, ctrl + v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom