What does the computer world need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kramerP

Solid State Member
This is more of a questionairre to get others thoughts/suggestions.....

I have been trying to determine what aspects of the computer industry are truly lacking in its efforts to deliver to the public. My thoughts have ranged the full spectrum (trust me!). As I'm sure you are all aware the computer industry has so many niche markets it is impossible to itemize. What I'm searching for, though, are any of your thoughts on what the computer world desperately needs or ideas on what niche markets are in need of attention and/or revamping.

Any input or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Just so anyone who is curious knows this is a project I chose to do for an economics class (2 semester class) and I am trying to get some of this project tackled over my break.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on the matter.

kP

What does the computer world need?
A FDISK, followed by a FORMAT C!

Currently I think the niche market that every is going for now is the Windows Media Center PC. However i give that section about 6 to 12 months before every one is doing it.
However if you can linked that with Home Automation, then you have don't to worry about competition. However you do need to worry about your flow of income. Like a home automation system starts at about AU$80K.
There is good money to be made in that, however at the price, it's only a select few that can afford that sort of stuff.
So unless you can back that up with service contacts, you wil need to have some thing else to keep up a flow of income.

Personally, I'm waiting for hard drives to get above 500gb and hit the TB mark.

I've also been wanting a multiple hard drive network enclosure. They have the TB machine and the yellow machine and stuff, but I want an enclosure that I could put several of my own drives into.

Shannon said:
Personally, I'm waiting for hard drives to get above 500gb and hit the TB mark. .
With Hitachi's Perpendicular Recording Technology coming out next year, we will effectively have the capabilities for 50TB with of storage. However since all the hard drive manufactures do not want to flood the market with new technology, so they will be slowly releasing the bigger drives into the market instead.

http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/research/recording_head/pr/index.html

Another thing that I would like to see is some more stricter qualification for computer technicains.
Firstly, the market is flooded with lots of computer techs right now. Now some do now that they are going on about. And there is some that are absolute amature hour. And the thing that annoys me is firstly I am compeating with some amature or uni student that values his time at about AU$30 on site. (I do not do service work for any thing less than AU$60 on site).
And if it's not that, I am cleaning up messes that some of these people have made on home users computers.

Now since a plumber, electrians or security system fitter needs a trade certificate to do thier jobs ; I feel that the same should be put on computer consultants that wish to hire out their services for repairing computers.

i want a button that oc's my grapichs card to a preset clock speed and for a certian amount of time. for when you need that extra boost in a online game.

I would personally like to see the continued development of Linux as a feasible alternative for Windows. As a matter of fact, I would like to see more folks besides us computer geeks get involved in the open source movement.
I feel the whole software development world is being terribly stifled by fears over piracy and the sky rocketing cost of software. Somehow we need to find a way to put control of innovation back into the hands of the people who are doing the innovation and not the bureaucrats.
Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom