What to do with spare LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
make a fake ufo.

get like a weather balloon and arrange some leds on it so that they can be seen from the ground. i really dont know how you would go about powering them though.

at night (while nobody sees you ofcourse), let it go and see how many people you spook or if any suckers run outside with with their cameras.

just an idea :)

1x LED
1x High Power Magnet (like a from a hard drive)
1x Sticky Tape
1x Coin Battery
??????
Profit

Connect the LED to the battery.
Tape this to the magnet
And then at night, amuse yourself and others and you throw these things around on various objects.

I don't recommend that you do this in that same city where they called the police thinking that the Adult Swim LED Prank was really a terrorist plot blow things up

^seriously? I've never actually gotten an LED to blow as in kaboom. I've shorted tons out, and made some change colour in a weird/pretty kinda way by varying the voltage or overvolting them by a little, but even a few 34v stations in series couldn't get it to blow up.

^seriously? I've never actually gotten an LED to blow as in kaboom. I've shorted tons out, and made some change colour in a weird/pretty kinda way by varying the voltage or overvolting them by a little, but even a few 34v stations in series couldn't get it to blow up.

Yha scared the pee out of me... Never had it happen again. Must have been a bad plastic... But this was 15yrs ago, so maybe things have changed.

There are 9v super bright LEDs out there :p

I use them for mods on my car... Fun making cheapo halos with them and clear plastic, another fun thing is replacing the stock bulbs in the dash with different colored LEDS....

1x LED
1x High Power Magnet (like a from a hard drive)
1x Sticky Tape
1x Coin Battery
??????
Profit

Connect the LED to the battery.
Tape this to the magnet
And then at night, amuse yourself and others and you throw these things around on various objects.

I don't recommend that you do this in that same city where they called the police thinking that the Adult Swim LED Prank was really a terrorist plot blow things up

**** you Harper!! I was going to say that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom