weird emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go along with it. And see where it gets ya.. If your become 100% positive it's a scam then you can contact the proper authorities. I think that would classify as federal. It is possible they are doing it to other people and up to other illegal and wrongful acts so there might be ground to catch and prosecute. Another thing. Do emails show up as her name or as her email address? It is also suspicious that she closed her Match.com account. I say go find it and if it really is gone, another red flag. Do some research on her and what not. Super common names are another thing. Scammers are more likley to use a name that is super common uposed to there real name. "Jessica Smith" for instance apose to her real name "Jessica Bindegaray". I am by no means a pro but have researched scams a lot.

Who knows she might be real to.

yep, does sound like a scam. some of the english in the emails sound a bit funny and some subject verb agreements dont match.

Go along with it. And see where it gets ya.. If your become 100% positive it's a scam then you can contact the proper authorities. I think that would classify as federal. It is possible they are doing it to other people and up to other illegal and wrongful acts so there might be ground to catch and prosecute. Another thing. Do emails show up as her name or as her email address? It is also suspicious that she closed her Match.com account. I say go find it and if it really is gone, another red flag. Do some research on her and what not. Super common names are another thing. Scammers are more likley to use a name that is super common uposed to there real name. "Jessica Smith" for instance apose to her real name "Jessica Bindegaray". I am by no means a pro but have researched scams a lot.

Who knows she might be real to.

I doubt she closed the account, more likely Match.com deleted it by it being spam. Just too many of these types of operations out there to ignore.

Check the headers on the emails and see where they are coming from. A proxy would be a no-go.

He means, look at the header o0f the email.. You'll see the origionating ip address of the sender.

You can then google it to see if its a proxy server, and if it is, or an ip not right, like a russian ip but shes suppose to be in Nigeria, then its a fake.

im looking at the header i see no ip all it is

from robert k wild <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to Jennifer Turner <jennifer_turner1982@yahoo.com>
date 12 September 2009 21:25
subject Re: Answers to the same questions..
mailed-by googlemail.com

You will have to use the Web Interface and view the source. It will give you the information then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom