Weight loss is hard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I have finally decided i can not carry on going the way i am. I am 15 and a half stone (220lbs) at 6ft 1 and only 16years old. This gives me a BMI of 28.6 - Overweight. Now i would be fine with this if i was say.. 40. But i'm not, and i can see myself just getting bigger and bigger.

So, i have decided to cut back on all the nice foods. Nutritionists, Dietitions, can all say what they want.. eating less than the reccomended calorie intake WILL make me loose wait. There is no 2 ways about it. I currently reckon im clocking 3000calories a day (3500 to 4000 on a really bad day) And so i am going to cut back to 1500 - 2000.

So far, i am finding it HARD. I never have had breakfast and never will, so this isn't a weak point. But by lunch i am usually fairly hungry and would dig into a nice school cheeseburger/pizza slice/hotdog and get a chocolate cake for after, and maybe a can of pop to go along with it. Today i punished myself with a measley ham sandwhich, it was in a small bun too. I get home and have a small microwave curry (yeh it's unhealthy but i'm just trying to reduce calories to start off with) and an little choccie bar ( mean litle, 2 inches long..)while it was cooking, 3 hours on i was starving. Usually i would snack every hour or 2. So i had to find something nice that was low calorie, cornflakes ftw !

But yeh, counted about 1500calories so far. 250for the sandwhich, 450 for the curry (bad..) 210 for the aero, 200 for the bowl of cereal. Oh an how could i forget, i had a few scotch eggs accounting for 300calories.

I rekon i'll have a dry bowl of cornflakes again later on before i go bed. That'll be a reasonable intake for the day.

I don't like it though, i feel pretty hungry all evening. Not sure how long i can hold out :p

If i manage till Saturday when i go to Canada i'll treat myself by.. eating healthy foods whilst still maintaining the <2000calories approach. I guess 2000 is still quite a bit, make it 1800. Yey.

Actually i would say the hardest bit is going to be cutting out my almost compulsary evening beer.

Nutritionists, Dietitions, can all say what they want.. eating less than the reccomended calorie intake WILL make me loose wait.

Nope, eating fewer calories than you are burning will cause you to loose weight. If you are eating less than the recommendation but burning even fewer, you will continue to gain weight. I would like to congratulate you on actually doing it though.

Beer is a killer if you are trying to lose weight...even the light stuff. Keeping below 2000 calories is a good idea. Just think of that hunger feeling you get as your body losing weight! GL

Nope, eating fewer calories than you are burning will cause you to loose weight. If you are eating less than the recommendation but burning even fewer, you will continue to gain weight. I would like to congratulate you on actually doing it though.

Well obviously if your burning less than you are eating. You can't just gain mass from nowhere. Physics says so. But what are the chances of a 6ft teenager consuming less than 1800 calories a day ? even if i did nothing. But i do, i walk 2miles a day. Thats a few calories right there. I guess i could turn that 2mile round trip (walkin to and from school ) into a gentle jog. Perhaps.

Thanks guys :)

It annoys me when people are like "Fat slob just dont eat as much" I really don't think they understand at all. Once you have started to gain weight and your stomach has become accustomed to the extra food it is incredibley hard to resist the urge to eat when you get a deep hunger sensation for the entire day. It only takes 4 or so weeks to get used to excessive eating, and then your screwed. To ignore the human instinct to not eat when hungary takes quite a bit of will power, atleast thats what i think. Yes i agree i and everyone else shouldn't of got themselves into the state where they start gaining weight anyway, but sometimes it is hard not to. For a start some people have a much faster metabolism, things are much easier for them guys.

Heh i know it came across stronger than i intended ;) I read it wrong at first, too. I know what you mean though, i didn't really mean the actuall calorie intake it all just came out a bit wrong.

oKAY, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, eATING A PROPER BREAKFEST WILL BE THE BEST THING FOR YOU.

Have a bowl of cereal, or some fruit and a glass of juice, and you will be much happier. You won't be starving at lunch time and gorge yourself with cheeseburgers and whatnot.

Eating properly is what will help you slim down. Eating less than you need will cause you to be tired and cause health issues.

You should really watch the show Super Skinny vs Super Sized. Its a UK show I get here on the BBC. Its extremely eye opening on the effects of under weight and over weight folks. Basically a skinny person lives with an overweight person for a week and both learn how to eat properly.

I know how you feel. From the time I was born until the age of like 18 I couldn't put on weight if I tried. And did I ever. I even went to the doctor because my parents were so concerned about me weight (they were just being paranoid, it wasn't anything freakish). But then once I hit around 18 that metabolism exited and I am now gaining weight like crazy. Boozing certainly played its role, and same with a 10 hour/day desk job. Sad thing is there is a full gym in my apartment building that I could use for free at any time. I walk 30 minutes each day from work to home, but that doesn't help a lot. I feel your pain, though not as much as you do yourself, I understand where your coming from. It's easy to get sidetracked with weight, it's a million times harder to get back from it.

You should give the gym a try. A lot of people say that it only takes a couple weeks of going and exercising for about 1-2 hours a day and then you get kind of hooked on it, like you want to go and you like the feeling of working out. Makes sense to me. The first couple weeks will be painful and sore, but you'll be really happy you did it. At your age you need to do it sooner than later, because it only gets worse when you get older.

oKAY, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, eATING A PROPER BREAKFEST WILL BE THE BEST THING FOR YOU.

Have a bowl of cereal, or some fruit and a glass of juice, and you will be much happier. You won't be starving at lunch time and gorge yourself with cheeseburgers and whatnot.

Eating properly is what will help you slim down. Eating less than you need will cause you to be tired and cause health issues.

You should really watch the show Super Skinny vs Super Sized. Its a UK show I get here on the BBC. Its extremely eye opening on the effects of under weight and over weight folks. Basically a skinny person lives with an overweight person for a week and both learn how to eat properly.

Exactly, it's much better to eat 3 good meals a day with 2-4 small healthy snacks in between along with getting at least 30 mins of exorcise every other day.

Naw man. I know i should, but really, i couldn't eat in the morning. I feel stuffed, i don't know why. But i am never hungry till about 12 or 12:30, and i get my lunch at 1:10, so it's all good.

It's bad to skip breakfest when your used to it, i quite agree. But when i've nevre ate breakfast, it's not.

Thanks james.wired, yeah i'm thinking about heading to the Gym for 1 hour during the week and then 1 hour at the weekend. That's 2 hours more physical activity than i normally do :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom