Weight loss is hard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is MUCH easier to gain weight... unless you are one of those people I hate who can eat anything and never gain an ounce.

Just eat whatever you want, as much as you want, and whenever you want, and odds are you will pile on the pounds. If not, then let me prescribe a good old fashioned Southern menu and it will plumb you up in no time flat.

Losing weight can be a struggle for most. The younger you are the easier it is... trust me on that.

It is MUCH easier to gain weight... unless you are one of those people I hate who can eat anything and never gain an ounce.

Just eat whatever you want, as much as you want, and whenever you want, and odds are you will pile on the pounds. If not, then let me prescribe a good old fashioned Southern menu and it will plumb you up in no time flat.

Losing weight can be a struggle for most. The younger you are the easier it is... trust me on that.

Sorry to break it down to you, but that is my "issue". High metabolism might seem awesome on distance but it certainly isn't always as glorious to deal with personally.

I'll trade ya. :D I've had a slow metabolism all my life and getting older isn't doing good things for it. I'm working on getting rid of this extra person plus hanging around my waist and my metabolism is not helping it much. I'm starting to walk with my wife, but I've still got a ways to go.

Sure. Well actually, I how about we just trade and split 50/50? That way we can both look like hunks.

On a more serious note, I know that fat goes first on the stomach which could only imply that's the most common area for people who can be considered overweight. Even people who aren't overweight can get a stomach. I'm pretty much a walking stick but I do notice sometimes that my stomach isn't compatible with my body.

Walking is very good. Do you have a dog? I'm not joking but walking with your dog can be a high motivation. Surely, you can't replace your wife with a dog. But if you ever feel like walking alone you could take a dog with you.

Not really... Its easier to not go get a twinkie and eat it, then it is to just sit and not eat ;)

Haha how is it easier to not eat than it is to eat? Twinkies are a poor example :p

Exactly. And this is what I have been doing in the past 2 years. Not giving a **** and just eating whatever...and in Latin America that is dangerous haha. Now I've got a gut and a round face, compared to when I was 6-18 weighing in WAY under the average weight for that age group. For me, it was much easier to gain weight than it is to lose it.

I don't have a dog anymore, Wrex, but the neighbors dog likes to walk with us. She an overweight Dalmatian, so she needs the exercise too. ;)

I hear ya, James. I grew up in my Granny's kitchen... real lard in the biscuits, fried potatoes, pinto beans and cornbread..Mmmm-mmm. And she cooked like she still had a house full of young'uns and didn't like throwing nothing out. So I put on my weight honestly in early life. Once I got married, we ate out a lot at first, but then started eating at home the same stuff I grew up on. I hit a bad spell of clinical depression about 12 years ago and put on close to 100 pounds in just over six months (seriously) that I have been struggling to get rid of ever since.

Gaining weight is super easy for me... but it's not muscle. :(

it's hard I know, since i have to maintain a certain weight standard to stay in the Navy. I am 200.4lbs right now thanks to the holiday season... But I have found:
- eat smaller meals during the day. 4-6 "snacks" instead of meals.... INCLUDING a breakfast
- resist carbs... breads, pasta, etc... are killers for weight lose
- exercise, exercise, exercise... start out small (walking and such, and KEEP building up) for fat lose, it's not needed to keep your heart rate up at a high level... just elevated and continuous for 30-45 minutes a day. ( a walk with the family after dinner started it out with me) but this will depend on your body type and what your doctor suggests as well
- I personally take a multi-vitamin, a 400mg Vitamin C every day... it helps keep my body regulated even though I am not eating all the things I love to eat.
- Now I said "resist" carbs... not cut them out... once a week I eat a "heavy" meal... nothing fried, but big on pasta. Usually for me it's shrimp Alfredo... :)
- cut out soda, and sweets until your body gets used to not eating big meals... then it's ok to have a small sweet treat once or twice a week. AS LONG AS YOU EXERCISE to go along with it.

In the 2.5 weeks I have been back, I haven't lost the weight, but I have lost an inch or so on the waist line... it's tough I know. I LOVE to eat... but you can get over the bodies cravings...

- one of the things that helped me around the house is cleaning and little updating projects I found work to do during the day instead of sitting at the computer from sun-up to sun-down... yard work is a good one to do as well, for starting out on the initial road. You keep the wife happy :p AND you clean up the yard and house at the same time.

Just my thoughts on the subject...

ahh thats not nice, shouldn't hate me...lol. Kinda weird, i have an extremely slow metabolism, but at the same time extremely low blood pressure and heart rate. I can eat anything, without gaining weight. I get a lot of exercise though because of my low BP. I can literally be fine with eating two sandwiches a day to maintain my current weight. But the problem is, since i have low BP if i don't have something small every about 2 hours, i cant see straight, i shake, sweat and can't really think well. So i kinda have to oposet problem as people who gain weight, and want to stop eating junk etc. I have to eat high callorie items to keep my sugar levels from crash because of the Low BP...but i at the same time, dont need those callories, so because of this, i have to under eat when im hungry, otherwise i would constantly be over eating....if you catch my drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom