We need a name for computer illiterate people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, I have friends who are Dell fanboys...no kidding.

A couple of examples: my friend who would not understand that the $299 Dell PC he saw on TV would not play CSS...the other friend whom I had a debate with---Dell Digital DJ vs. Apple iPod.

BTW, I won the debate, but that's not the point at hand.

I work at Office Depot and probably 1 in 5 people I talk to still use Windows 95 or "Winders 95" as they say it, and they are all on AOL. I get people all the time telling me I need to speak english when I say things like 160GB Hard Drive.

One person, who I talked to, actually was running Windows 3.1 on a Pentium 4 2.8GHz...because she refuses to learn a new OS!!!

What really annoys me is people who think they are l33t just because they play CS, then you ask them what graphics card they have and they say "64MB" lol.

Static_11 said:
Harper.. i have read that thread many times... and i still laugh so hard after reading it
Some computers users are like slinkys.
Absolutely useless.
However they still put a smile on your face when you see them get pushed down a set of stairs. :D

beedubaya said:
One person, who I talked to, actually was running Windows 3.1 on a Pentium 4 2.8GHz...because she refuses to learn a new OS!!!
I have a similar story:

Originally posted by macdude425
From the IT department: I know some people who work at this company. The IT guys are like 75, 70, and 65. They got in a brand new IBM server, but weren't sure how to use it, so they hired guys to set the server up to emulate the IBM System 360 so that they could use it.

YourPrinter said:
What about... the normals..
I always liked the word "MUNDANES". That word actually offencive in some cultures.

beedubaya said:
Just think.... I normally put Windows 3.11 on a P4 just for the shits and giggles value of seeing it load up really quickly.

I normally get the other way around. People with early Pentium II trying to see if they can get Windows XP in work (well) on it.

I've seen people try to put a DVD burner in a 486 running Windows 95 before, and they were stunned when I informed them that it would not work.

beedubaya said:
I've seen people try to put a DVD burner in a 486 running Windows 95 before, and they were stunned when I informed them that it would not work.
Any thing less that Windows 2000 now days.
beedubaya said:
USB Devices.

My mom writes papers for her college class once or twice a week. She refuses to actually learn how to use Word and so every Wednesday I have to pull up her papers and set the margins, headers, etc. to these exact specs. Then she must preview it to make sure its perfect. She also doesn't know how to print, and she's convinced my HP printer is better than hers at printing simple black and white text, so I also have to haul it down to my comp and print it out. Oh, and everything must be perfect or it's back to square one.
My entire family (even extended) is computer illiterate. My dad's side is the only one that isnt (totally) n00bish/sillie

All of my family pretty much is....my brother got into the navy and he was top of his class in computer SOFTWARE so that somehow gave him the mindset that he knew all about hardware automatically....but then he calls and asks how to find out the correct way to put the power button, reset switch etc... on and things like that :rolleyes:

I have A couple. I don't Work for A company or Anything however...

My sisters Computer Keyboard bugged up, I was near sleep vat the time too (late at night all dopey and stuff) My Sister Came in and started panicking asking Me if I had an extra Keyboard, I said NO just having replaced my keyboard with the spare (Pins were bent) anyway she proceeds to rip the keyboard out of the back of MY machine. That doesn't Work either....

I go into her room, (where is is about to have a coniption) and say "Oh my Keybord didn't work either...." then I say to her "did you bother to restart the machine?" The answer of Course was NO. So she restarted Her machine and the keyboard started Working again

And she tells me I Know nothing About computers... LOL

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom