Text encryption tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Wolf

Baseband Member
I am looking for a tool that can encrypt and decrypt simple text.
For example, if I send someone a simple email message, I want to be able to send it all garbled, and then they can copy and paste the message into a program that unscramble the text into the original text, by entering the key.

I have found archive encrpyters, which I am not looking for. I have also seen free online java based text encrypters, which I don't trust. And I have found text encrypters that either limit me to typing only 150 characters, or limit me to enter a key from 1 to 999.

I am looking for a text encrypter that encrypt/decrypt several pages of text, and have a key code that can be hundreds of characters long.

I want to create a super difficult to crack encrypted message to several people through email and forum PM's, something where you can just copy and pasted the scrambled code into a program, enter the key ands have it unscrambled. Most important is that I need to be able to make it nearly impossible to crack without actually knowing the code. Something an expert hacker, FBI, or CIA wouldn't be able to do for at least a year.

Does anyone know of such a program?

This sounds really weird. You cant make a program that the government can work around, otherwise, theyd hire you.

I find that hard to believe. The 256-bit AES, and Blowfish are very hard to crack.

I once downloaded a RAR file from the web, and couldn't find the password to get into it, so I ran a few different archive password crackers, and the fastest archive cracker took over 90 hours and was still just working on a 5 digit password. If the password was in fact 30 or 40 characters long (such as a web address) this would have taken like about a decade to crack.

Granted my little Pentium3 runs at 900MHz
So let's say a hacker/FBI is running a super overclocked CPU at 9GHz, and my key is 200 digits long, there is no way that is getting cracked anytime this year.

So, I know there is an easy to use program that encrypts and decrypts simple text with that "256-bit AES". It's just a matter of finding it.

I suppose I could just send archives of a text files. Because archive encryption I already have.

Exactly, on the consumer level, it takes you 90 hours. The government have better computers than you do. Also, they can find or make a super computer that is networked.

Also, what EXACTLY do you need this for? Pirating? For that, we have torrents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom