Techist Member Picture Gallery

Re: The Official Tech-Forums Member Picture Gallery

Married life did it to me. I lost weight while we were dating (all my money went in my gas tank), but that changed once we were married. I weigh a lot more than I did then, but am slowly shrinking thanks to Weight Watchers.

Good for you man! Whatever keeps ya healthy. My mom was overweight from the time she had me to just last fall. Weight going up and down but never to where she wanted it. She cut out drinking Diet Coke and munching at night, and lost a good amount of weight. She's 51 this year and hasn't been at the weight she is at now for over ten years.

Heh, good question, the full answer would be kinda long....see the Defender has been a work in progress of mine for more than 15 years now....at some point along the way, before I could afford to go all the way, I met my wife and, though I was going to finally make a 100% rock car, I realised that the only way to get her hooked on offroading was to pull it back a little. So it's somewhere between, mostly used for rough trails. We've taken it all around the world, went to Patagonia with the wife and the club back in '06. I'd say that by now it's a breed of it's on, but I'm not very objective on the subject, you see :)

Very nice dude. So it's a mutt huh? That must be pretty cool. To build an SUV or truck that you can take all over the world and do general trails with would be a blast. I've had my heart set in getting into club racing/autocross for years now. But thanks to seeing my buddies 1979 Bronco w/ a 460ci backed by a C6 driving 39's makes me really, really, really want to invest in something you could take anywhere and do generally with. Except for the stupidly steep inclines/declines, can't say I have the equipment to man up to do that. What type of lift do you have on it and how much lift? Tire size? Gears? Type of lockers? Axles?

Re: The Tech-Forums Member Picture Gallery

Me eating a corndog and doing what I do best.. sitting in front of and working on my pc's

2k0idc.jpg

This was taken late last year (dec 2008) Some friends and me and my girl (we're on the right)

wbyj5g.jpg

Us out on the town Dec-08

2usylus.jpg

Me as a Simpson

riup8x.jpg

Those Broncos are sweet, although you can hardly see them here in Europe. To make it short, it's a series 3 fitted with a V8 from the Stage 1, 4 link suspension, solid axle kit, 15cm lift (moved coil spring seats down, modified lower link seats, upper link moved down, modified radius arm, alu lift kit, etc.), arb differentials, full roll cage, currently on 35" Iroks but has been fitted with 39" Boggers, custom bed, etc. It would have been much cheaper (easier to modify due to suspension layout, diffs), looking at it now, to start over with one of the '92+ Defenders, but I didn't have the moolah for that back when I got the Series 3.... I'll take some pics and post them if I remember when my brother decides to finally bring it from his house in the Pyrenees.

Oh, now that I think of it, "note to self": never lend cars (and dvds) to my brother. :/

Re: The Tech-Forums Member Picture Gallery

Hampton! In the first 2/3 pics you posted, you REALLY remind me of Russell Brand! BIG time. Especially in the second one.

LOL well.. at least it wasn't Alice Cooper again ;)

I was a child in the 80's.. puberty.. had lots of fun tho.

Well the 80's for me was the puberty and teenage years, by 1990 the grunge scene came, along with parenthood so I had to put music on hold for a number of years before I got back into it. but yeah, last year was probably the end of it for me, maybe. as people in the biz say "If Keith Richards is young enough, so am I". ha.

Wow Hampton you are the total opposite of what a computer geek looks like but, deep down inside your just a big a nerd like any of us :)

Back
Top Bottom