Tax season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya i used the freefile last year. I miss being able to use the phone service, it was so much easier.

I may end up paying for this year, given that I just bought the house and have to do the 1040 instead of the simple EZ... plus having bought 3/4K worth up appliances and what not, better off giving money to someone do get it done right, instead of owing after I screw it up! LOL

Yeah.... I am going to a tax person too since I bought the house in May.... I think I am over the cutoff amount anyways between my 2 jobs....well, I know I was....

Someone school me on taxes, I just turned 18.. Seems like something I should know about. Do you have to pay taxes if you earn a certain amount each year? How do people pay taxes? I'm clueless on it all. My parents don't pay taxes, nobody I know has ever spoken of taxes?

Everyone pays taxes, theyre deducted when you get paid. You get most back at the end of the year, unless you make a good amount of money then you have to pay instead.

You should have filled out a W-4 when you went to work to set up your withholding amount. If you haven't got a job yet, you will. My advice, always choose the Single withholding rate (even if you are married with kids). I have a little extra held as well, to make sure I don't have to pay (I hope that extra $K covers it this year).

Anyway, your employer will give/send you your W-4's by the end of January. The law says they must be postmarked by midnight on the 31st. Once you get them (from all the jobs you had during the year), you use the info on them to fill out your taxes. It's not as hard as many make it sound, as the forms tell you what box to look in and such. Doing it online is even easier, and the programs are the same ones used by the tax places.

As long as what you've paid in is more than the adjusted taxes on what you made, you will get a refund from the IRS. If you paid in less, you will have to pay the IRS the difference.

Never had a job... If you don't work do you have to pay? Nobody I know has ever filed taxes. Ah.

I just went to the IRS website, never been so confused in my life.

only way to evade tax stealing your cash is to do odd jobs around the house, do private jobs like fix local PC's or something like that...

Never had a job... If you don't work do you have to pay? Nobody I know has ever filed taxes. Ah.

I just went to the IRS website, never been so confused in my life.

You must not know many people, as you have to pay taxes by law, and if you dont thats tax evasion (fraud) and the irs can come looking for you (jail time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom