Tax season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't WAIT to get mine.... hoping to be WELL into the 4 figure return, what with getting the house and all.... Not NEEDING it, but HOPING for it.... Sadly, it will ALL be going to pay off bills.... once the bills are all paid off, then I can save up for upgrades.

Im got mine on the second (military), irs wont accept it untill around the 11th, so i should have my money on the 13th or 14th. Total refund was $2,035 but h&r block charged like $180 but im happy, this will tie me over and help pay some bills/upgrades untill i start working at the airport.

I should get about 1500 or so from fed and probably another 1k back from state. Only worked 6 months this year so i'm technically poverty stricken

ricanflow said:
but h&r block charged like $180
Seeing that makes my head hurt. Did you not know that you could file online FOR FREE? and have the money in a week? Especially with you being in the military there are all kinds of free ones.

Same goes for anyone else. FreeFile starts up in mid-January. Basically, the IRS has set it up with a boatload of online tax programs to allow you to file for free, but only if you link in from the IRS website.

Got to the IRS website: Internal Revenue Service

Click the FreeFile Link in the lower right corner. It looks like this:
adv_freefileeasy_sm.jpg

Click the "Free File: Step by Step Instructions" link at the bottom and follow the steps. Nothing to it.

The only real catch is how much you made. It has to be less than $54000. If you made more, you can still efile through their site.

I doubt I'll get much back this year. We lost a dependent (daughter out on her own), plus I have to pay taxes on any tuition over $52xx that my employer paid (could be a total of over $8K... but I don't know yet).

Well i got mine done free the past two years, and i didnt feel like going thru the trouble so i just went there and they did it for me, plus i get it back in two days instead of 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom