SonicWALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but your using their network, and they are blocking content to their network. By using their network you have to accept the software they us, I doubt you can get round it.

Is it that hard to not goof off for the 7 hours you're in school? I don't get what is so difficult about that concept.

For sonic wall access, you have to have a sonic wall administrator account and password, you then have to log on to the SonicWall website (it escapes me at the moment...) but once you log in, you are only given 30 minutes of browsing time.

Besides, school isn't really a good place to take your own laptop. By accessing your school's network, the network administrator now has your informaition, IP address, computer name, etc... You could be severely punished if caught running past the SonicWall.

mac_mogul said:
For sonic wall access, you have to have a sonic wall administrator account and password, you then have to log on to the SonicWall website (it escapes me at the moment...) but once you log in, you are only given 30 minutes of browsing time.

Besides, school isn't really a good place to take your own laptop. By accessing your school's network, the network administrator now has your informaition, IP address, computer name, etc... You could be severely punished if caught running past the SonicWall.

My college has Cisco Clean Access (I call it Crisco). It's a truly crappy program, and it's pretty much punishing everybody on campus for the work of a couple hundred people who don't know how to take care of their computers. Last semester, I worked around it with the Firefox useragent ID string addition, but this semester they're threatening expulsion if you bypass the Clean Access agent.

The problem with Clean Access, is the admin of the network automatically gets admin rights to YOUR COMPUTER. They can install programs on my box without me knowing, and that's why I bypassed it last semester.

You're in high school. You have absolutely no reason to have your laptop at school to begin with. I'm living at college with a 24/7 desktop, and a reason to have bypassed the network's required login software last semester.

Know your limits and don't do stupid stuff. If you absolutely cannot live without playing a game for 7 hours of your life, then don't be suprised if you get caught and you have a consequence ahead of you. Point being, you're in school. Learn, hang out with friends, do whatever - don't do something that you can easily do at home in your own spare time without consequences. But hey, that's just my two cents.

google images is blocked with sonicwall at our school... that's a problem on projects, but I just go to worse websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom