So, i have to burn 24 CD's for my next gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
So before you ask, this is not illegal music. Most music is legal, and alot of this music i have paid AVLA licensing fee's for public peformance in Canada.

I am going to vacation to cuba, and have a gig pretty much lined up their. Since taking all my CD's would not really fit in my luggage, i have to select 12 invididual CD's and burn 2 copy's of each. This involves looking thru my hard drive, and ripping CD's that are not on my hard drive.

This is around a 20 hour process because i have to select my best songs, and sort them by speed.

And why i need 2 copy's of every CD is if i want the same track off of 2 CD's.

I also have no idea what gear they have for me in cuba besides CD players.

This is just a rant thread with the title of so here, because my other forums (djforums.com) they would just post a :kleenex: smilie.

you dj with cds?? isnt cd djing a bit lame? I mean vinyl you can touch and scratch and you have to line up, but cds you press play and go!

not having a go or anything... thats just the way i have always seen it, so feel free to correct me! :)

It's whatever floats your boat, as long as your primary thing isnt using a computer live

Personally, living in Canada and my location it would be very hard to get vinyl. As well as most of my music was on CD's before i started DJ'ing.

I plan on getting turntables in the future as well to add to my setup. This will be after this summer since i will have some money :)

Also, are you a DJ as well, since you seem to know a bit about the field?

fair enough mate! :)

i dabble, but dont have my own decks, i jus tuse my brothers when hes home... so no am not really a dj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom