smoke came from my computer today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably call the fire dept. if my rig had smoke coming out of it. I love her too much. Does anyone have any cute pet names they give to their computers?

thats odd, for one you must really be into the matrix. Second, shouldn't neo be your most powerful system, morpheus be your dedicated system (media center) and trinity the mobile weapon? (laptop,)

Makes more sense :)

(i love the matrix lol)

well i just got a call from purolator, my massive load of stuff came in today, but it has to be transferred to a different warehouse, so i can pick it up on Tuesday. Then let the massive ocing start :). So there might really be smoke coming from my computer in the next week or so lol.

What probably happened was you shorted the lead, but since its only a 5v connector it just overheated the wires and burned off a bit of the insulation.

Heh a couple months ago i was wiping hard drive, and hooked up a cheetah to run DBAN, and as soon as i powered the computer on, it smoked. My office smelled like burned plastic for a week :(

^my room still smells like it, and it was only on for a few seconds burning. It won't go away.

Did you find out why it was smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom